GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Daisy Gate

Daisy 822 Project Gun

(1/6) > >>

pblawler:
I recently won a 822 from the Bay, I was watching a second but it sold for almost twice what I got mine for and more than I was willing to pay (I tried though lol).  I have wanted a wood furniture 880/822 since I was a kid.  This will be my first one.  The later years 822s (not 1976- 1978) use the current cylinder and valve.  That means a 1977 piston mod will work on them.  My plans are a 1977 piston mod, 0.125" Transfer port mod, Ronno trigger mod, shorty LDC, hardened abutment pin, and H&N Heavy pellets.  I think it'll shoot 20+ FPE (700+ FPS at 18+ grn). I also plan on refinishing the furniture.  I'll post pics when it arrives and the progress.  I have a few more mod.s I will document in the months to come that will be big accuracy increases for long range and long term retained point of impact for all 880 family of guns.

DanD:
I had a later model one with fiber optic sights but I let it go.  It shot in the 560s with midweights.
I just picked up another wood 822 with plain sights that needs resealed and I'd like to get into the 600s on 10 pumps. I already have some 880 seal kits and filled pistons. If that doesn't get me there, I'll try the 1977 piston.

pblawler:
I ordered a new pump tube, and a 1977 piston to install in the 822 when it gets here.  To use the 1977 piston the tube must be notched an 1/8" deeper so I don't want to modify the original tube.  I'll set it back with the original piston assembly for safe keeping.  I'm hoping for 675 to 700 FPS at 20 pumps (hardened abutment pin a must) with JSB Jumbo pellets (18 grn).  That would put it up to 18 to 20 FPE.  That's 35 to 60 FPS slower than the 1977 shot those pellets so I believe it is achievable with the 1977 piston in the 822.   I was looking at options for refinishing the wood and came across an interesting finish.  Whatcha think?

pblawler:
WOOOOHOOOOO, I just struck gold.  I just scored a NOS 822 for $50 more than the last used 822 went for on the bay.  Its new in the box with all paper, etc....   I'll probably hang it on the wall.  It's a unicorn to me. 

Back_Roads:

--- Quote from: pblawler on November 27, 2022, 12:06:58 AM ---WOOOOHOOOOO, I just struck gold.  I just scored a NOS 822 for $50 more than the last used 822 went for on the bay.  Its new in the box with all paper, etc....   I'll probably hang it on the wall.  It's a unicorn to me. 

--- End quote ---
Just the luck looking for a modder and catch a keeper LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version