GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Win 1100SS vs Crosman F4 ?

(1/2) > >>

wll2506:
Anyone have the Winchester 1100 SS and the Crosman F4 -- Which one do you like the best and why ?

How is the build quality of each compared to each other ?

Just curious ?

wll

lefteyeshot:
If you mean the F4 springer? I have a 1100W. I also have two Crosman Storms, one in a Benjamin thumb hole stock both with GRT triggers. And a Crosman G1 Extreme, Fury and Phamtons, all in old Crosman wood stocks and all with the RC roller bearing trigger mod. All 5 Crosman are mecahnically the same as an F4 and excellent shooters. Not much you can do with the Winchester trigger but they're built like tanks, cheap and plenty of power.

Blowpipe Sam:
I have an 1100 SS and two Crosman Fires.  The 1100 is built like a tank.  It’s heavy, twangy, clumsy, and the stock is poorly contoured.  It’s easier to mod the trigger than on the Crosman but the results are only mediocre.  The Crosman is much lighter, handier, and has a better stock design.  Accuracy and power are always a variable in Chinese springers.  Just as easy to buy a bad Crosman as it is to buy a bad Daisy so I won’t speak for that.  I will say that my 1100 is not terribly accurate.  Neither were the two Crosman Prowlers I have owned.  The best power I’ve gotten from the 1100 is about 15 fpe with 7.4gr Crosman pointed pellets.
Both of my Crosman Fires will exceed 17 fpe  with 7.9gr CPHP and they are tack drivers

lefteyeshot:
Crosman Optimus is hard to beat for an economy gun. If you got to have a gas ram then the Vantage is probably okay.

ricksplace:
Probably good to mention that Crosman parts are widely available and cheap like borscht.
If you like to tune/modify your guns like I do, find out if parts are available before you buy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version