GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Bantam 5s

(1/1)

Flint:
Does anyone have an old Sheridan pellet tin and would be willing to measure the height and diameter?  Just for my own curiosity.  Thanks!

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: Flint on September 23, 2022, 10:22:22 PM ---Does anyone have an old Sheridan pellet tin and would be willing to measure the height and diameter?  Just for my own curiosity.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---
I sure wish I did.

I know there are members here who do, hopefully they will get some measurements for you.
I know there were metal cans, and clear plastic with I think brown white and red lids at different times and they might have different measurements from eachother.

1900colt:

--- Quote from: Flint on September 23, 2022, 10:22:22 PM ---Does anyone have an old Sheridan pellet tin and would be willing to measure the height and diameter?  Just for my own curiosity.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Hope this helps... the common tin size is 2 inches tall and 2 inches across. Colors and pictures on it changed over the years but,  it's the same tin.

Also photoed first and second containers

Flint:
Thanks!!!

when I think of all the things I passed on 5-10 years ago that I should have snatched up for cheap......  I passed on so many old cans and boxes of sheridan pellets because I knew they didnt shoot as good as modern options.  never dreamed that they would sell for insane prices now.  also if you look at the ebay auctions, half of the cans and boxes of old sheridan pellets are full of the modern waisted "cylindricals" - though I guess those are discontinued now also :(

1900colt:

--- Quote from: Flint on September 24, 2022, 10:54:10 AM ---Thanks!!!

when I think of all the things I passed on 5-10 years ago that I should have snatched up for cheap......  I passed on so many old cans and boxes of sheridan pellets because I knew they didnt shoot as good as modern options.  never dreamed that they would sell for insane prices now.  also if you look at the ebay auctions, half of the cans and boxes of old sheridan pellets are full of the modern waisted "cylindricals" - though I guess those are discontinued now also :(

--- End quote ---

I'm shocked at what the more common tins and square plastic ones bring.

The clear one, at least since I've been collecting has always been very elusive and really pricey if found... one of the few things that is stored in is own glass case in a cabinet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version