GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Crosman 760 chronological order

(1/6) > >>

1900colt:
I picked up a few more 760's the other day...

Is there anyone familiar with these things so I can put them in order on my wall?

If so,  I'll get some pictures this week.

happymecanic:
Here's the Crosman products dates of manufacture chart: https://discover.crosman.com/blog/crosman-product-dates-of-manufacture

Much infos on the characteristics of the rifles by variant. Not mentionned in the chart: the first variant had a wood stock and wood ''tootsie roll'' forearm.

Also the early variants with metal barrel band usually had the manufacture date stamped on them.

HTH.

Goose:

--- Quote from: happymecanic on September 21, 2022, 12:58:04 PM ---Here's the Crosman products dates of manufacture chart: https://discover.crosman.com/blog/crosman-product-dates-of-manufacture

Much infos on the characteristics of the rifles by variant. Not mentionned in the chart: the first variant had a wood stock and wood ''tootsie roll'' forearm.

Also the early variants with metal barrel band usually had the manufacture date stamped on them.

HTH.
--- End quote ---

What he said.  The first year's model ('66) didn't have grooves for a scope.

The endcap on the front of the pump may have a number on it like in this photo.  They indicate year and month of manufacture.  This one is a Revelation made in April of '72.  It's a tootsie roll model.

They started with a wood stock and forearm, went to a heavy plastic stock with a wood forearm, then went to a heavy plastic stock with a heavy plastic forearm in '71 (I think).  The variants like the Revelation and Ted Williams tended to have wood stocks and forearms after the Crosman models had gone to plastic only.

Luck,

J~

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: happymecanic on September 21, 2022, 12:58:04 PM ---Here's the Crosman products dates of manufacture chart: https://discover.crosman.com/blog/crosman-product-dates-of-manufacture

HTH.

--- End quote ---
This thread here has a lot of good info in it, just skip to the first post by jmoronic because that's where the real info starts.
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=191392.0

I knew / had observed some things but couldn't really put them into perspective till his post.

Crosman is missing a lot if info and actually fails to acknowledge a number of variations within their supposed variants.

bantam5s:

furniture
1- wood, tootsie roll forearm , square tang stock.
2- wood, round tang stock, same tootsie roll forearm
3- same wood stock ,rectangular wood forearm with a fuller along each side.
4- same wood stock, flared rectangular shape wood forearm.
5- checkered solid styrene furniture, '71-'74.
6- same styrene stock, back to the previous style wood forearms, 1975
7- abs stock with white spacer, fullered rectangular abs forearm, forearm used '76-2011
8- abs stock no spacer
9- modernized style black abs furniture
9- whatever that current abomination is

receivers

1- dark grey, square tang slot, no scope rail.
2- round tang slot ( not sure of color )
3- black, scope rails
4- plastic bb cover, manual cocking gun
5- abs receiver
6- 5 shot clips
7- current monolithic not really a 760 anymore.

trigger

1- brass plated flat stamped steel
2- blued flat stamped steel
3- serrated sintered steel
4- abs

sights

1- screwed on rear, metal elevator, screwed on plastic front sight.
2- screw on rear , plastic elevator like 66 and 766/2100
3- clip on rear sight
4- welded on front sight
5- press on plastic front sight
6- fiber optic press on front sight

there are other things i'm forgetting but these are the things i could remember and at least the order in which they were introduced, i do not know all the years off hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version