GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Launching a DualProjectile

<< < (3/6) > >>

buellm2:
This is a great idea, wish I'd thought of it.   I could double my score in 10 meter competition.  Will have to test  how the FWB 601 shoots doubles.

Nukall856:
 Today with a pretty and plain brown furniture 1377 and 3 pellets, Crosman Pointed, Destroyer, Wadcutter, all 7.4gr. Stacked in the barrel in said order with 12 pumps. Sighted to hit around .25 high at 10y w 7.4gr, the triple load at 22.2gr hit around 1/2" high and all 3 less than. 1/2 " apart. Wow. At the shot the report is quiet, using up alot of the air to propel the three pellet load. Tried again at 15 yards, this time 2 pellets hitting near aim with one 1" to the left. Again at 10 same result with all three very close together. Tried another at 15 and the 3 were in a 1" spread.  Just messing around in the 9'F and 15 20 mph winds..
 ( disclaimer: this post was done by a experienced non professional wearing safety equiment to shield from the cold winds..
Kids do not try this at home.... unsupervised.  XD

NVak

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:
Nukall.

Beman air guns china used to sell a double barrel break barrel air rifle.
They had a couple different versions of them.
I don't remember all the details clearly but I think one was .177 cal both barrels and the other was .177 and .22.
One had wood stock and the other had plastic stock.
Both barrels fired at the same time.
Here is a picture of one style.
Midway closed out on these for around $125 - $135
I kinda wish I had got one now

Best Wishes - Tom

Here is their old specs and reviews.

Product Information

Finish   Matte
Action Type   Break Barrel
Capacity   2
Weight   8.5 Pounds
Overall Length   47.5 Inches
Barrel Type   Rifled Bore
Front Sight   Fiber Optic
Rear Sight   Adjustable Fiber Optic
Airgun Caliber   177 Caliber
Stock Type   Ambidextrous
Power Source   Spring Piston
Ammunition   Pellet
Maximum Muzzle Velocity   700 Feet Per Second
Stock Color and Material   Please Select
Scope   4x32mm
Trigger Type   Two Stage Adjustable
Safety   Manual
Delivery Information

Shipping Weight   10.520 Pounds - 10.890 Pounds
Was The Information On This Page Helpful?YesNo
Community Q&A

Need More Information?

Ask a Question
Customer Reviews

4.84 Reviews
Write a Review
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
Ratings Distribution
5 Stars   
4 Stars   
3 Stars      0   
2 Stars      0   
1 Star      0   
Reviewed by 4 customers

Great DBL Barrel Rifle
Submitted 6 years ago
By DannoP
From Lincolnton GA
Verified Buyer

Was skeptical about this rifle as I just couldn't believe you could buy a doubble barrel rifle for less than $250.00 and it shoot well at all , surprise , these are well made rifles with beautiful wood and metal work and has a nice smooth finish , strange rear sight I was already going to change before I received it , mounted the nice but weird rear sight and really like it and it folds down too ! , this rifle shoots at point of aim each and every time with two little holes about an inch down from each other at 20 yards , I can mix pellets and just about get one ragged hole , but then what would be the point ? , liked it so much that I put in another order for one more ( they were back ordered ) and the next came in just as nice and may buy the .22 / .177 as well , buy these while they are still pretty cheap as they will do nothing but go up , heavy rifles but man do they pack a doubble punch .
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend to a friend

Was this review helpful to you?
   2   0
Flag this review

Great Rifle
Submitted 6 years ago
By DannoP
From Lincolnton GA
Verified Buyer

First let me state that I have the wood stocked one , couldn't get it to show up for my review , OK first thing is that this is a pretty rifle , nice wood , excellent metal and nice bluing , the rear site looks strange and I was ready to replace it but after the first shot I love it , fast and dead on and hey it folds like a Marlin rifle , this rifle handles like a carbine as it just swings so nice , had to measure it and yes it is 46 " long but seems shorter , I am shooting everything I want out to 40 yards and all 1" apart up and down with the same pellets in each barrel , good power , awesome trigger that is the nicest I have tried under a $500.00 gun , automatic quite safety and 3 dot fiber optic sights , if you miss something - it's you , will be buying a second one so I can share , best bargain I have gotten in awhile AAA+ and Midway is awesome as usual .

6   1
Flag this review

It's about time someone came out with something new.
Submitted 7 years ago
By Bob B.
From Chesterton, IN.
Verified Buyer

Well, it's about time that a manufacturer came out with something new. I have many pellet rifles and get tired of seeing the same rifle under a different name.Beeman came out with a rifle that made me want to buy it. The fit and finish is just fine. The description of the rifle is not too accurate,it says for a quick follow up shot...It shoots 2 at once, I guess you can't get much quicker than that. I put about 20 rounds through it with lead pellets, that means I only shot it 10 times. I tried to chrony it but kept getting an error, it might be because it was shooting 2 at once. Time will tell how reliable it is.

6   1
Flag this review

Innovative shooter
Submitted 7 years ago
By Jagmanxjs
From Houston, TX
Verified Buyer

Primary uses pest control and target shooting. The double barrel feature is both innovative and very effective. Requires some experimenting to find the right pellet combination to get the POI pattern looking for. Pellets can be mixed or marched as long as they are both .177. After lengthy experimentation with numerous pellet combinations, the RWS Meisterkueln 7.0 gr results in a vertical pattern about 3/4" apart one pellet above the other. This is center bullseye at 20 yds from a bench rest position. No chronic test but a variety of targets are destroyed, including pests. The double barrel makes it very hard to miss. Scope option is a 3-9x50 using medium height weaver mounts. Iron sights are unique and functional with rear adjustable. Rear is removed if installing scope. Things that may improve the experience are the weight and one piece all molded senthetic body tactical fore at. Has no functioning parts other than the break barrel and trigger. Not very realistic if that is a consideration. Not a deal breaker considering the accuracy of the double barrel. Heavy at 10 lbs depending on scope option. . .slightly lighter without but still weighty. Does require a shooting rest. Not a carry around hunting rifle imo. . . Just received a couple days ago and first sighted and shot today. Will continue to to experiment with pellets but I may have found the best one already for accuracy and knockdown power. Will update as required. Could be a five star considering. . . .time will tell. This rifle is a definite plus for the price and performance. Very unique and worth a try. Very competitive price here at Midway.

W
   7   0
Flag this review
Displaying Reviews 1-4
NOTE: Prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to correct typographic, photographic and/or descriptive errors.

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:
Nukall

I doubt if your interested but if you are.

Amazon still sells a version of the Beeman dual barrel rifle.
"It is sort of a novelty rifle"
This one has a wood stock, spring powered piston and shoots two 117 cal. pellets at the same time.
I have read some reviews and the guys that have these, dink around with mixing different brands of pellets in the two barrels.
They say they get good accuracy that way but I don't know for sure, just what I have read.

Best Wishes - Tom

$143.85
FREE Returns
FREE delivery Thursday, January 5
Select delivery location
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
Qty:1
Buy Now
Secure transaction
Ships from Amazon.com, Sold by Amazon.com.
Return policy: Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt

Beeman Sportsman Double Barrel 2016S Air Rifle with Open Sights
$143.85
FREE Returns
Get $60 off instantly: Pay $83.85 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.

Back_Roads:
 One might have to find each barrels favorite pellet ;)
I have the Beeman Bison Same stock as the first double barrel Tom posted, I liked the stock so much I modified it to fit my .177 Marauder. still have the dual caliber barrels and action, it did shoot very nice in with the NP powerplant though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version