GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Crosman-Benjamin Air Gun Gate

Crosman 362

(1/33) > >>

Nukall856:
   Earlier this month i recieved my new C362 from PA. Excitement was an understatement, having waited since end of last year for the model to come out. I recieved my package and opened the box. Feels good to bring up, lightweight, trigger breaks nicely. I wanted to be able to shoot in my yard without alarming the neighbors so I ordered a Slipon Buckrail made for the 2240 type barrels.
00263 will be left stock except for the slipon buckrail, which is easily redue-able. Couple taps with rubber mallet got the front sight off.  Once it appeared level i got it slipped on. While installing the BR i noticed my barrel twist even just a little. So to the best i could judge i rotated barrel back to center. To calm down any movement i put a couple rounds of camo gorrila tape against the barrel and plastic breech aswell as in front and behind the barrel band and up against the BRLDC. Tightened the barrel band set screw.
First shot groups, all with 8 pumps, CPUM 14.3gr Domes and CPHP 14.3gr. < 1 inch groups at 10yds. Thats not Crackalacking, will not hunt with these, though my Hatsan Striker Edge loves these 14.3s. Next up, HN 16.3gr Terminators. Wow. 3 shots in one hole, 4th shot i pulled it high. Next is HNB18 18.1gr nice .5group. HN BH 18.2gr .5-.75" same with HNBHE 18.5gr Last pellet tested Crosman RedFlt 16.7gr .75" groups. Ok but not the best. I am waiting on HN15, JSB 13.4s and JSB 14.3 5.52s. I find 5.52s to group well in this barrel.
  Pumping is abit loud, though the advantage of keeping it pumped up not loaded or cocked, right before you get to your hunting/pesting spot is great. Once a "target is spotted, select appropriate pellet, cock load, aim, say a quick PelletPrayer and fire.
  The difference in height between the stock front sight>lower, and the BR Sight<higher, made the pellers hit 2.5 inches lower than the stock sight. To make up for the difference i took a rough double cut file and began lowering the front sight. 12 layers of material down to 7 layers on the front sight. Even with removing layers my rear adjustment is near topped out, though my elevation is right  where i want is <.5" high at 10yards, should be right on again around 25- 30 yards. The app Chairgun Pro is a big help if you havent foundout about it yet.
   I have found the 362 to be quite oil thirsty. Each day it is shot, requires a few drops of ND30wt, you feel a reduction in pumping force if not enough oil. My 880 can skip a day of oil if i feel like it, though the 362 requires oil each day it is to be shot.
 I am also waiting for a Crosman Drifter 1389 to get here in the mail. Any of you 362 owners find what pellets your 362 likes and what velocities you are getting on 8 pumps. Thankyou for reading,
NVak

TennX:
I liked mine so much I built a 367….both scoped…money out to 30 yards…not pellet picky…good luck

Robert 5mm:
I like my 362 - here are some chrono results and a few pics with steel breech with Williams Peep Sight and Buck Rail suppressor.

I think the Drifter is a .22 with model number 2289 ( unless they brought the .177 1389 )

Matchstickshooter:
 I put a Baker aluminum breech for .177 on mine, with a .177 Disco barrel.
Wearing a UTG scope, and a Buck Rail LDC(no front sight). Happy with it!

Nukall856:
Thank you Guys for the replies.
 TennX, Robert, Matchstick, ExcellentWork!
I came across the WGRS peep while browsing and would be a great option over the large opensight offered by PA. I love the noise reduction with the BuckRail LDC on, also have one on my 880, really calms down the bark.  The thread protector/ Stripper that comes with the 880BR LDC works great aswell.
Been thinking of getting the Win77XS to get more power than the 880.
The Drifter is a .22 so i may have named it wrong(1389)<2289. From what ive read they spit 14.3s around 550fps. Have a Buck Railwaiting for the Drifter.
Thankyou TennX excellentwork on 367, Robert for the Chrono #s and Great pics, Matchstick Excellentwork on the baker breech. StayAlert
NVak

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version