GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

UpNorthAirGunner - AirForce Texan .45 Upgrade to NUAH Master!

(1/2) > >>

UpNorthAirGunner:
Well - I have finally done it!  It took a lot of lead (especially slinging .45 cal 350 grain slugs).  104 yards - here are the photos and here is the video.
Now that the snow is melting - I want to set out to be one of the first 200+ yard NUAH members.  Wish me luck!

Video Highlight: AirForce Texan .45: Tuning for Accuracy - Shooting MOA Groups with Big Bore Airguns - watch:

I've been meaning to do this video for awhile now as I get a lot of questions about how I tether when shooting from the bench. In this video we will cover the Huma-Air External Regulator. Instead of just focusing on the products I use, I wanted to make this a bit of an educational video of how I actually tune for accuracy while I am tethered.

It was also a great chance to try out the Nick Neilson NSA 350 grain Boat Tail Hollow Points as well. I had tested these out last week at 50 yards and was putting shots on top of each other so I was hopeful these would stay true at 100+ yards if I could find the right pressure combination.

I have been trying for my Gateway to Airguns (GTA) Nuthin' Under a Hundred (NUAH) Master Rating for quite some time and this little magic pill did the trick. In order to hit this status you have to get 5 consecutive shots over 100 yards within 1 inch all within the #10 ring on the NUAH approved target. Watch this video to see how it went!

rsterne:
Nice shooting, Chris.... Nick sent me one of those boattails, they really are beautiful....

Bob

marty2:
Congratulations Master Chris. I upgraded you on the List.

FYI... you can submit the target in the 100 yard match that's going on now here   https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=141403.0

stevrom828:
Do you have to have a video or will photos of target from shooting position and photos of the 5 shot moa group be enough??
 I've done three shots under moa many times with my .357 Slayer and NSA swaged, but 5 is a diff story! I always seem to pull the last one or two lol.
 I know videos would be better suited for this accomplishment for sure👍 Will have to buy one of those cheap handheld 60x zoom Kodak recorders if so!

rsterne:
Video is not needed, the NUAH rules tell you what you need....  https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=100865.0

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version