GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Just dated my 342

(1/2) > >>

tapkoote:
Benjamin 342  1968 ! .22 cal
 Freind of mine bought this back in the 70's, I'm sure from a hock shop.
I took it out to shoot today, 10 yards. Opened the can of pellets and they're all slimy. Fired good, 5 pumps, but I need to do something about the sights. My eyes are getting old.
 Then found the date site here and the serial #.
 I'm going to get a couple cans of pellets, these have been marked 12.5, my bet he weighed them. So what would you folks recomend for plinking, 10 yards tops. I don't want to shoot whats left of this can, sounds like they're originals w/slime.
Also hope Limbshaker see's this, I'd like to get a better look at his sights, his gun pic included here.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: tapkoote on June 21, 2017, 01:49:05 AM ---Benjamin 342  1968 ! .22 cal
 Freind of mine bought this back in the 70's, I'm sure from a hock shop.
I took it out to shoot today, 10 yards. Opened the can of pellets and they're all slimy. Fired good, 5 pumps, but I need to do something about the sights. My eyes are getting old.
 Then found the date site here and the serial #.
 I'm going to get a couple cans of pellets, these have been marked 12.5, my bet he weighed them. So what would you folks recomend for plinking, 10 yards tops. I don't want to shoot whats left of this can, sounds like they're originals w/slime.
Also hope Limbshaker see's this, I'd like to get a better look at his sights, his gun pic included here.

--- End quote ---
are you positive it's a '68 ? Because it looks like a mid to late 70's 342 to me, any chance your friend actually bought it brand new ? Regardless it appears to be in great shape, and Tim at mac1airguns can drill and tap the receiver for a Williams peep for 10$  and the sight will cost you 40$.
The crosman premier hollow points generally shoot pretty well in many guns, and are fairly inexpensive at around 8$.

tapkoote:

[/quote] are you positive it's a '68 ? Because it looks like a mid to late 70's 342 to me, any chance your friend actually bought it brand new ? Regardless it appears to be in great shape, and Tim at mac1airguns can drill and tap the receiver for a Williams peep for 10$  and the sight will cost you 40$.
The crosman premier hollow points generally shoot pretty well in many guns, and are fairly inexpensive at around 8$.
[/quote]
  Sir I'm not sure of anything, not good on computers, the serial # is T424010 please double check my math.
 I bought crosman .177  premiers 4.5 G for my break barrel and they are Do Do. Some fit tight, most fall out when you pop the barrel back. Are they better in .22?
Thanks

Habanero69er:
Going by Crosman's product date chart, T424010 comes up as 1982.   ???
http://www.crosman.com/discover/crosman/benjamin-product-dates

I'd try some .22 Crosman pellets or 18g JSBs.

tapkoote:

--- Quote from: Habanero69er on June 21, 2017, 07:16:05 AM ---Going by Crosman's product date chart, T424010 comes up as 1982.   ???

I'd try some .22 Crosman pellets or 18g JSBs.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, I didn't look far enough down the dates. 1981 I think.
Funny the numbers sort of fit 1968 also. That means he bought it new then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version