Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Cheap Reflex Red/Green 4 Reticle Sight Review  (Read 100 times))

Offline mst3kpimp

• Plinker
Cheap Reflex Red/Green 4 Reticle Sight Review
« on: January 12, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »

Just wanted to give a report on a cheap reflex dot sight found on ebay.  I knew my 2300kt was accurate with a scope & shoulder stock but I could never get consistent groups shooting by hand w/ iron sights.  Impressed with a video demonstrating incredible accuracy with a venturi avenger I went to ebay and got one of the many rebrands for $23 shipped.  It's an all metal unit that seems more than robust enough for the recoiless 2300kt "I've seen reviews claiming they held up on high power firearms".  I got the 11mm mount version of course to fit my steel breech and comes complete with 2 batteries, tools, lens cloth and cover.  It has 4 reticles patterns but I was mostly using the dot which was small enough for target work, the red dot was not so good in sunlight but green was more than visible.   Dialing in was simple enough, I like to shoot pistols at 45ft so first I shot with the shoulder stock which confirmed the sight was indeed consistently accurate.  The open view lens made target acquisition a breeze and being able to shoot with both eyes open was a new pleasure.  I removed the stock for some hand held shooting from a sitting position.  I can say that I was able to shoot more consistently than with iron sights and it was a far more relaxing process now it's on me to develop a steadier hold.   For $23 I think everyone should at least try one of these.
  • sarasota, fl

Offline CraigH

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Cheap Reflex Red/Green 4 Reticle Sight Review
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 09:11:16 AM »
Nice writeup.   Nice grip sleeve.

2400KT?  (long tube and forearm)
  • Lone Tree, Colorado
With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Offline mst3kpimp

• Plinker
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:40:12 PM »
Lol, my bad I was thinking of the 2300t but ya it's a .177 2400kt.  The grip is a Pachmayr 5158 and really fills the hand for a comfy steady hold.
  • sarasota, fl

Offline mst3kpimp

• Plinker
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 02:16:35 PM »
 I had another session with the reflex sight and thought my accuracy could be improved by reducing power so I backed out the hammer spring adjuster a few turns and things started coming together.  You can see at 30 feet hand held from a sitting position I was able to shoot a pretty nice group.  Moving out to 45 feet my poi actually went up but the horizontal was still tight so I can only guess there was some parallax shift when changing range but of course my biggest challenge is the guns tendency to bounce when fired hence the vertical drift.  The quest continues...
  • sarasota, fl

Offline brewbear

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
Nice writeup! Can you include a link to this item?
  • USA, CA,

Offline Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 02:24:38 PM »
 I have some of the same dot sights, I prefer the crosshair dot, lower right in your picture, that gives me holdovers for closer and longer ranges.   8)
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hMPAjvTtuu7DoNzBZzuKQ?view_as=subscriber
 Below is a collection of helpful airgun videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLASJo4rBxMImx-kNnbppkIBV86G5Yentf

Offline mst3kpimp

• Plinker
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 02:27:55 PM »
Nice writeup! Can you include a link to this item?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291572330407

this guy shipped super fast
  • sarasota, fl