Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Diana 460 (t06) - question  (Read 920 times))

Offline phoebeisis

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: Diana 460 (t06) - question
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 01:20:39 PM »
Frank-some of the East bankers avoiding  going to West bank ids because we REMEMBER that FREAKIN' Huey P Long bridge with the abrupt dog leg!

200 plus feet in the air and that NARROW LANED BRIDGE(1935 or so I guess) suddenly jerks to one side because some incompetent/drunk/brother in law type CONSTRUCTION

manager could not tell the bridge ends were NOT GOING TO MEET.

How drunk does EVERYONE have to be to not notice that 100's of yards before they met.

Shoot they should have sighted along  one of the surveyors little telescope "things" every day-just how much booze did everyone have onboard to miss that!!

I HATED crossing that narrow bridge!!

Of course  in those days they were probably more corrupt than currently(which is saying something) but not catching that error-

Anyway crossing that bridge soured all east bankers

I actually grew up upriver-Gramercy-east bank-we crossed at Lutcher/Vachery via ferry(which was cool-literally they only cool place during the summer was that ferry)

Where are you now?
  • river ridge LOUISIANA  new orleans suburb

Offline Luthier Vandros

• Tinkeriní, Thinkeriní, & Plinkerin'
  • Plinker
  • yes
    • My music
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »
Haha!  I used to run around in a small 2 seater and would scare the bejeebus out of anyone riding shotgun when that little dogleg came up.  Best part was when you were stuck in a jam on that bridge and a train  would run by.  Big pucker!  I'm sure the workers who put that thing up came to work straight from the quarter smelling of party gravy and hurricanes!  Us westbankers were willing to drive over that monstrosity in order to escape the land of firebirds and t-tops, if even for 8 hours at a time.

I'm a little familiar with Grammercy/Lutcher!  I grew up in Marrero and ended up in Kalifornia after Katrina hit.  While there's no rugaru out here, we do have Newsome.
  • Down by ya mom an thems
"Ruining good moments since 1975"

Offline Yarddog

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 10:27:57 PM »
No ghosts in my 460's scope. I had it detuned to 13-14 FPE. Much more pleasant.  Scary accurate. It ain't light though!

Hey, Mark, I finally retired since the last time I posted here! YOW!
  • Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »
Sorry for the late post! I'm having to work 7days a week and don't have much time for anything! Vance, glad to hear you retired! I bet you get a lot of trigger time now???:? ;) ;D
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 JUNKYARD AIRGUNS FORUM MEMBER!!!!!
When good men are silent only evil is heard!
Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone!

Beeman R1 carbine .20cal X2
HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

U.K. Webley Tomahawk .22cal
Diana T06 460mag .22cal
Cometa Fenix 400 compact.22cal

Offline Yogi

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 05:10:45 PM »
°Gracias, Sr!

Do you have any maintenance tips for the 460?  Any issues with sliding breech to look out for?

Best lube in all high performance guns is Ultimox 226. Krytox is good also if you live in a place without too much ambient humidity, as it is hygroscopic.

HM

So Hector,

In a high humidity environment, what lube do you recommend?

-Y
  • San Francisco, CA
Hatsan 95 Vortex, .22
RWS 6G, .177
RWS LP8 Magnum, .177
Diana 340 N-Tec, .22 Compact Lexus
HW 50S, .177, .20, and .22

Offline HectorMedina

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
    • Connecticut Custom Airguns
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 05:10:04 PM »
°Gracias, Sr!

Do you have any maintenance tips for the 460?  Any issues with sliding breech to look out for?

Best lube in all high performance guns is Ultimox 226. Krytox is good also if you live in a place without too much ambient humidity, as it is hygroscopic.

HM

So Hector,

In a high humidity environment, what lube do you recommend?

-Y

Ultimox 226

You can buy from the manufacturer through smile.amazon.com

https://smile.amazon.com/MicroLubrol-Ultimox-226-Perfluoropolyether-Grease/dp/B00CLKM6H2/

This size will last you for a LONG time.

HM
  • USA, Maryland, Darnestown