Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: NEW Crosman 362  (Read 29449 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline superchikn

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: NEW Crosman 362
« Reply #720 on: January 14, 2022, 04:31:38 PM »
I'll definitely be putting a steel breech on mine because I probably won't really notice the weight difference plus putting a scope on it will make a big difference no doubt.  It's been so long since I've done much with the 22xx's I don't recall if the steel breech made a difference as far as fps goes ???

Is there a benefit to upgrading the TP with the OEM valve? Just figured you could replace that while you have the breech off.

Was wondering that myself, if I should use a piece of ice maker tubing.
  • SE Pa.

Offline GeforcerFX

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #721 on: January 14, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »
Got my 362 today.  Packaging was decent for the box protection but inside the actual retail box was a mess, they used two small pieces of styrofoam and they did not survive at all, pieces of styrofoam everywhere.  But the gun looks just fine and it's shooting just fine.  It's a fun plinker at 10 and 15 yards.  Already ran around 75 pellets through it.  Much easier to get to full power (8 pumps) versus doing 10 pumps on my 1322's.  8 pumps has a bit of a bark to it but I have been plinking at 2-3 pumps and it's pretty quiet.  Seems to be pretty accurate for me but I am just know getting more into precise shooting versus destroying pop cans in the back yard.  But speaking of pop cans the damage it did to a coke can at 8 pumps was very impressive from a 15 yard shot. 
  • USA, MT, Kila

Offline desertplinker

• Marksman
« Reply #722 on: January 14, 2022, 05:20:37 PM »
Got my 362 today.  Packaging was decent for the box protection but inside the actual retail box was a mess, they used two small pieces of styrofoam and they did not survive at all, pieces of styrofoam everywhere.  But the gun looks just fine and it's shooting just fine.  It's a fun plinker at 10 and 15 yards.  Already ran around 75 pellets through it.  Much easier to get to full power (8 pumps) versus doing 10 pumps on my 1322's.  8 pumps has a bit of a bark to it but I have been plinking at 2-3 pumps and it's pretty quiet.  Seems to be pretty accurate for me but I am just know getting more into precise shooting versus destroying pop cans in the back yard.  But speaking of pop cans the damage it did to a coke can at 8 pumps was very impressive from a 15 yard shot. 
Same for me the stryrofoam was shredded and the tiny pieces stick to everything. Gun was in great shape all the way from NY to Arizona!!
  • Lake Havasu AZ

Offline Keepingitsimple

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #723 on: January 14, 2022, 05:29:23 PM »
Welp, putting the steel breech on mine was easy and then using an old Hatsan 3-9XAO sighted it in at a preliminary 10 yards. I'm seeing cloverleaf, hole on hole and hole in hole accuracy at that range using 3 pumps and 14.3 cphp.

Oh, I'm definitely keeping this one.
  • USA,  Texas, Fort Worth

Offline Spacebus

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #724 on: January 14, 2022, 05:41:26 PM »
I'll definitely be putting a steel breech on mine because I probably won't really notice the weight difference plus putting a scope on it will make a big difference no doubt.  It's been so long since I've done much with the 22xx's I don't recall if the steel breech made a difference as far as fps goes ???

Is there a benefit to upgrading the TP with the OEM valve? Just figured you could replace that while you have the breech off.

Was wondering that myself, if I should use a piece of ice maker tubing.

Is the ice maker tube superior to aftermarket options?
  • USA, ME,  Machias
USA Ret.

Chronic thread derailer

Chiana Bandito .22 regulated
SPA PR900W .22 regulated
Daisy 901
Seneca Eagle Claw .25 (75.6 FPE 43.5 NSA)
A.E.A. .45 Bullpup (500 FPE 305g NSA 860 FPS)
Vevor CS3 "clone" dry HPA compressor

Online Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #725 on: January 14, 2022, 05:47:53 PM »
 I do the ice maker tube on mine anytime I loose the factory TP seal  ;) Tricky for getting the proper fit, but once fitted I think it is better, can not get any larger than that for air flow, and unless everything else is opened up no need to go bigger.
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hMPAjvTtuu7DoNzBZzuKQ?view_as=subscriber
 Below is a collection of helpful airgun videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLASJo4rBxMImx-kNnbppkIBV86G5Yentf

Offline Keepingitsimple

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #726 on: January 14, 2022, 06:04:20 PM »
My C362 is ready to hunt and I'll be using it on male hosp's this weekend. There is a new crowd of them that showed up a week ago. I'll use my .177 1389 Backpacker on the female hosp's.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 06:06:28 PM by Keepingitsimple »
  • USA,  Texas, Fort Worth

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #727 on: January 14, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »
I ordered a max flo TP from Alchemy. All my others have ice maker line, but any dollar spent with the small guys in our community is a good dollar.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #728 on: January 14, 2022, 06:50:43 PM »
Dang hunny do this, hunny do that... always gets in the way....  :o Can't ya see I'm trying to be an irresponsible kid over here?
Finally made it back from Troy after working until noon.... 3 hours later   :-\
I didn't even make it past the work bench without grabbing Allen wrenches and what not. I literally shot this gun one time in stock form before I went to work on it.
First steel breech was a no go because it was a rear screw breech. So I had to do a temp robbery on one of my other 'lego' builds. That was on a 2260 tube so it had both front and rear screw holes.... cool, I can just swap it out for this one. Bad part is, now there are 2 disassembled soldiers laying over there on the bench in disrepair. Sorry, girls... I'll get back to you later.
First of all, I can confirm that the Baker Brass trigger does not work... but, it can work if you drill and tap a hole in it to make a stop for the spring. You just won't have adjustment... Is that enough to satisfy the plastic trigger haters? Doubt it.
But what you can do is use the Baker Brass trigger spring with the stock plastic trigger and that lightens it up some.... which I did... for now.
Next issue worth noting... Don't use the factory rear breech screw. Without the factory rear sight, it's too long and will bind the hammer spring... ask me how I know? I had to use the shorter spring from poor ole donor gun.
One other word from experience.... your beer will get warm and your smoke will burn up in the ashtray.... a couple times.
While we're on the subject of temporary.... let's talk about barrels....
As I have said... several times, My gun... err, uuhh Betty Lou's gun  ??? will be a .177.. check that. it IS a .177 gun. Albeit a disproportionate .177 gun, the fact remains.
As some of you know, I like a stubby gun but calling an 18" barrel that ends 3/16 past the barrel band is an overstatement. It kinda resembles a modern day Sheridan. There ain't enough room left out there to hang a booger on let alone any kinda sight or muzzle brake, silencer, hush puppy or any other word that suites your fancy.
No hiding this one... everyone from here to my job a mile and a half down the road can hear it coming. Rambo hates me already and I only shot it twice.
So anyways.... that's where is am right now besides the Hawke AirMax 2-7x32 AO sitting on top of it.
Fun part is, I get to do it all again when the 24" barrel comes in on Tuesday.... providing the creek don't rise...  :o
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #729 on: January 14, 2022, 07:08:55 PM »
Well, I might be shooting mine in stock form for awhile. I'm pretty sure my breech is a rear screw.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #730 on: January 14, 2022, 07:21:57 PM »
Yep... I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 2 screw issues yet. Maybe everybody but you and me just got lucky....  :o

Online Rob M

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #731 on: January 14, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »
Well, I might be shooting mine in stock form for awhile. I'm pretty sure my breech is a rear screw.

does it have the front screw hole??
  • Louisiana

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #732 on: January 14, 2022, 07:25:05 PM »
Yeah Rob.... The 362 has the front breech screw hole.... no second hole at the rear. And I don't remember what I bought it for or where I got it to tell other's where to get the right one.

Offline Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #733 on: January 14, 2022, 07:31:07 PM »
hahaha Bill... I fell your "MRS" pain. I am wrestling with this long steel breech trying to figure out why the gun won't cock with everything perfectly aligned and installed and suddenly... it's conversation time  :o.

so, after putting the plastic breech back on, trying the short steel breech, then playing with it all for about an our between conversations, and having the issue with all three breeches... I found this...

I have no idea what it is or why it is there but it appears to be a little plastic circle of green plastic caught inside of the spring??? looks like a simple job of putting on a steel breech has now turned in to a disassembly job to remove what ever it is.
  • Ohio

Online Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #734 on: January 14, 2022, 07:38:02 PM »
 I think that is an air force hammer spring buffer.  :-\
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hMPAjvTtuu7DoNzBZzuKQ?view_as=subscriber
 Below is a collection of helpful airgun videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLASJo4rBxMImx-kNnbppkIBV86G5Yentf

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2022, 07:44:10 PM »
Looks like a mean green booger whatever it is.

Offline Tack Driver 10

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2022, 07:48:26 PM »
Rob,
Your gun should cock fine with any stock breech.
As Bill mentioned earlier try a shorter rear breech screw.
If it's too long it can pinch the hammer spring.
I'd leave the "green booger" in there for now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:51:49 PM by Tack Driver 10 »
  • Oklahoma

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2022, 07:50:07 PM »
Sure will... I'll check that spring for any damage I may have caused it when I take the gun back down to install the 24" barrel.

Offline Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2022, 08:05:44 PM »
Jim, Ron, and Bill... right on all counts.

it is a hammer spring buffer and the long bolt went in too far (by just enough) and knocked off the end of the buffer causing it to float around inside of the spring. It did put
a slight bend in the end of the spring. I have a whole set of 13xx screws but they are either too long or too short. I had to remove the buffer as there was still binding. I have new OEM springs so no big deal there. I will be up a while going through my other screws looking for a shorter one. I may have to just dremel off a couple threads of the long one... just have to see what I have? I wont wrap this up until I have it sorted out correctly.
  • Ohio

Online 2K1TJ

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #739 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:39 PM »
I assume they are using the front hole breeches because all the 13xx hammers are not notched for the rear screws. If I rember right, to run a rear screw breech, you would need to notch your hammer or buy one already done from eBay or  Mellon, and drill and tap the tube for the rear screw. I can't remember the thread size right off. It's probably worth the trouble to not have the screw head in the way of loading.

As for the trigger issue, I read on another thread here yesterday that the trigger case didn't have the holes for the 2 screw mod. I was afraid there would be issues. I have a Baker trigger that'll be here tomorrow.  I also have a 2260 trigger group in the parts box. I'll see if it'll swap over easily.
  • USA, GA