PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles

Author Topic: New To Me Flex .30!!  (Read 1765 times))

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
Re: New To Me Flex .30!!
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 11:46:16 AM »
No real updates.  I won't be making a new bolt handle right now, not until I can get my set up more rigid, and get some better cutters.  No biggie.  The one I was able to make based on the factory bolt handle needs some tweeking anyway.  I'll get to it eventually.  I DID make a thread protector for the muzzle though, and I definitely need to get a knurling tool!  The thread protector works, it's just real slick.

The CARM magazines are about done being printed, he's already added them to his website.  Should be shipping out soon, but who knows when they'll get here w/all the hoopla going on.  *crosses fingers* Here's to hoping they get here safe and sound. 

I'll do a full report here and let him know of any changes, if any.  So Motorhead- I won't be shipping your mag right away (once I get it), I want to make sure everything fits/works first.  If any major work needs to be done, hopefully he'll send new mags.  $86 for 3 mags (shipping incl) will get pricey otherwise...

I'll keep y'all posted!
  • Silver Spring Md

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2021, 05:50:31 PM »
Mags came in today!!  Overall, VERY nice!  Shipping wasn't too shabby either!  Call it a full 2 weeks or so for shipping.  Mags WILL need some work, as they're a hair too thick between the back of the mag well and the barrel.  No biggie.  I'll carefully sand them down and fit them.  Once that's done, I can do a function check.  I'll work on them tomorrow.  Once everything checks out and is good, I'll try to take better measurements and get in touch w/Darko and let him know of the changes.
  • Silver Spring Md

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2021, 10:21:18 PM »
Okay- I couldn't wait.  I did some work to the mag.  DEFINITELY going to have to get Darko to modify the design.  Really not by much.  I LOVE the mag design!  So much more simple than even a factory Crosman mag.  Anyhoo, I had to VERY carefully sand down one side of the mag w/my disc sander, and fill in some voids.  I'm currently waiting for the JB Weld to cure (what I used as filler), and I'm also going to have to get some extremely thin CA glue to glue the back plate in place.  It's still secured w/the center screw and 2 pins.  However, I want to add a drop of CA as extra insurance.  Reading this post over again, it really sounds much worse than it is.  The mag now fits PERFECTLY.  Once I'm done working the mag over, and get my Great White pumped back up (yeah, still haven't done that  ::) ), I'll do a function check of the mag.  I tested the through hole w/a .30 bolt probe, and it's a "dang" near perfect fit! 

I'm going to measure the new thickness, and compare it to the mags he sent.  Whatever the difference is, I'm going to have Darko remove that much from the center section.  That way, the back plate remains the same thickness.  It's not critically thin now, but it's thin enough to make me worry about longevity. 

Again- I'm not bashing Darko's work- this was a custom order mag.  I fully expected something like this to happen.  Once all the kinks are ironed out, we'll have a fantastic mag available to us for as long as Darko decides to be in business!!
  • Silver Spring Md

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
After ensuring a good snug fit, I compared the modified mag to the unmodified ones- about 1mm difference.  Feed/function is really smooth!!  I've already gotten in touch with Darko, and the modification to the design has been made.  I've ordered 2 more mags to test fit again.  We're almost there!!

One small update on the gun, I went ahead and ordered a Saber Tactical pic rail that mounts to the bottle.  I like it!  Though, I am keeping it close to the neck... basically a touch rearward of the middle of the bottle.  It gives me the warm and fuzzies placing it closer to the neck, rather than out near the front of the bottle.  I've also removed the pic rail on the handle.  Looks cleaner this way too.  I'll probably get some set screws to fill the holes. 
  • Silver Spring Md

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2021, 05:30:12 PM »
I'm gonna make a post on the main forum, but I got the revised CARM mags today- Holy schnikes!!!  They fit like an absolute dream!!  I've decided to get a new compressor, so once that's in, I'll get started on test/tune.  We're getting there folks!!
  • Silver Spring Md