GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

USED 3300 PSI SCUBA

(1/1)

alphakilla:
I just got quoted $150 for a used 100cf, 3300 psi aluminum scuba tank.  It's already filled and has new hydro so I don't have to get it checked for 5 years, he says. I'm getting it for a Benji M-ROD .22 cal I'm ordering tomorrow.  Is that a good deal? 

Would this tank be better than buying an  80cf , 3000 psi for $105 (last hydro date 2002)?

longislandhunter:
The 100 cf tank will hold quite a bit more air than the 80 so yes, it is "better" as it will give you more fills than the 80 cf tank.  As for is it a good price,, if the tank is indeed in good shape it sounds like a good price to me.  I would much rather have a 130 cf 3500 psi tank, but that 100 cf 3300 is pretty good.  If you go to the "Library" and use the "Tank Fill Calculator" you'll be able to figure out how many fills that tank will give you on that Mrod.  Just punch in the numbers.  If you're going to run at 2500 psi (factory setting) then you'll get a good number of fills, however if you plan on running at 3000 psi then you will of course get less fills. 

Jeff

alphakilla:
Thanks, Jeff.  Makes a lotta sense.  Yeah, I would love to get that 3500psi tank but, I couldn't find one in my price range.  I'm actually ordering the gun today and,I still  have to get my two sons their Christmas too so, I'm kinda ruffin' it right now.  And, I'm a total newbie when it comes to PCP.

Also, with 3300psi, will I be able to fill my M-ROD to 300 psi?

longislandhunter:
Yes, you will be able to fill the Mrod up to 3000 psi but you'll have to use the "fill calculator" to determine exactly how many fills you will be able to get.  One of the big determining factors in how many 3000 psi fills you'll get, besides the size of the tank, is the starting point of your fill.  If you refill when it gets down to 2000 you will get more refills than if you shoot the rifle until it gets down to say 1000 psi.  Just use the fill calculator and it will give you the exact number of refills for the numbers you punch in.  Hope this helps you.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version