PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles

Author Topic: A Shooter in Illinois  (Read 49240 times))

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: A Shooter in Illinois
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »
Mark,

I do like the idea of a blanket shoot.  Lilly and I are up for most kinds of air gun competition.

I need to figure out when the crops will be out of the field, winging farmers is NOT an option.  If that .25 NP is still gathering dust, bring it along,,,  again.

Jerry,

Please get better,  and no, we don't shoot plastic mini medics at the farm.  However, back in my trap shooting days, I did  often assign names to clay birds.

BobH.
  • central Illinois

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
I didn't see if they were putting in corn or beans, but corn will almost certainly put it into at least late September, maybe October.
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
Mark,

That is my thoughts also. I haven't looked at the dates,  so we are thinking mid to late October. We will throw a date out in a few weeks.  I look forward to shooting with you folks again

BobH.

I didn't see if they were putting in corn or beans, but corn will almost certainly put it into at least late September, maybe October.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:04:54 PM by Bob H. »
  • central Illinois

Offline Missed-Em

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
October is tough for me, squirrel woods are calling, duck marsh to wade and 2 week trip back home (Washington state) but I'll make it if I can.
  • SW Missouri
Old man, my ^&*

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2015, 05:00:11 PM »
Missed-Em,

Is there one Saturday that might work for you in October?

BobH.

October is tough for me, squirrel woods are calling, duck marsh to wade and 2 week trip back home (Washington state) but I'll make it if I can.
  • central Illinois

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »
Hopefully I'm OK health-wise by then, but me and Nicole are kind of stuck staying in a tent. October will probably be pretty cold I imagine but if crops are up, no other options.
We might have to back out though if it turns out to be lows in the 30's or 40's. We don't have cold weather camping gear, unless somehow we can afford to rent a small camper.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc - For sale   
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2015, 07:57:57 AM »
Jerry,
When Lilly and I bought our teardrop camper it was the last week of December.  We had to try it out before spring.  Our nylon lined mid temp sleeping bags were so cold, we had two of them zipped together.  We bought 4.5 yards of flannel, folded it in half and used it for top and bottom sheets in the double sleeping bag.  You couldn't kick out of the folded flannel and it made a huge difference in comfort.  If in freezing weather we also sleep in joggers.  We have awakened to find ice on the inside of the windows as our camper has no heater.  Getting dressed in the mornings was a cold and quick.

BobH.

Hopefully I'm OK health-wise by then, but me and Nicole are kind of stuck staying in a tent. October will probably be pretty cold I imagine but if crops are up, no other options.
We might have to back out though if it turns out to be lows in the 30's or 40's. We don't have cold weather camping gear, unless somehow we can afford to rent a small camper.
  • central Illinois

Offline jward681

• Sharp Shooter
  • I'm not crazy but the voices in my head disagree!!
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
I so wish I would have been able to make I but unfortunately life had to go and take over...

I'm glad to see that so many were able to attend and that you all had a safe and fun weekend. It's awesome to even know that a shooting event happened is possible in our great state!!!

Hopefully this was just the first of many events and I will be able to make it to those in the future.

As a side note I am searching for some other possible locations to perhaps be able to set up fun shoots more frequently for those that would be able to attend
  • State of Confusion aka Illinois
CHECK OUT THE GTA MEMBERS MAP
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067
Drop a pin with your GTA user name so others can find you and contact through the forumn

AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT CHAT AS WELL

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »
Jerry - zip your bags together with space blankets top and bottom, all cozy.... until somebody has to pee. :-(
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline Missed-Em

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »
Bob - don't try to schedule anything around my availability, too much flux on my calendar (that's why I always use pencil to write on a calendar).  I'll make it if I can and if not live vicariously thru the posts.  Thanks

Steve
  • SW Missouri
Old man, my ^&*

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
Jerry - zip your bags together with space blankets top and bottom, all cozy.... until somebody has to pee. :-(

We only have one sleeping bag that we used as a bottom layer last time with two thick blankets on top. It worked pretty good but the weather wasn't TOO cold.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc - For sale   
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Tyreguy

« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »
Wanted to revive this thread...anybody in IL still working on putting together an October shootfest/meet-n-greet?

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
As it is turning out, October will be extremely hectic for Lilly and I.  I don't think that will be hosting one that month.  Bman in Indiana is planning one in the near future in the Bloomington area.  You might email him and see if you are welcome to attend.

BobH.
  • central Illinois