GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air gun Entertainment and reviews > Airgun Detectives

Beeman QB78S Co2 Air Rifle "Full Review" by Airgun Detectives

(1/2) > >>

Airgundetectives:
This is a complete review of the Beeman  QB78S Co2 Air Rifle. This is powered by two(2) 12 gram Co2 cartridges.  This comes with a synthetic ambidextrous thumbhole stock.  We will show you the performance! 
#staytunedforairgundetectives​​

Earl:
Good review.
Thank you John.

I would like to REDUCE the muzzle velocity on my QB78S and get more shots per CO2 cartridge.
I would like to get 500 to 550 fps instead of 675 fps.
How can I do that?

Bad News Beeman:
Another awesome review JC. You made made it abundantly clear that everyone should have one of those QB78S. For the price point and performance, there's no need to second guess!

Thanks again for a great walk through of another great air gun.

Bad News Beeman:

--- Quote from: Earl on October 17, 2021, 12:53:12 AM ---Good review.
Thank you John.

I would like to REDUCE the muzzle velocity on my QB78S and get more shots per CO2 cartridge.
How can I do that?

--- End quote ---

Earl, I believe this can be achieved by modifying the hammer spring to be shorter, thereby reducing the strength it places behind the hammer. A softer strike of the hammer on the exhaust valve should let out less gas, thereby putting less energy behind the pellet and leaving more CO2 in the reservoir.

Not aware of any "low power" replacements out on the market, but the simple DIY solution is to take the factory spring and trim off a few coils to weaken the strength.

Earl:

--- Quote from: McNally M. on October 20, 2021, 05:11:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Earl on October 17, 2021, 12:53:12 AM ---Good review.
Thank you John.

How can I do that?

--- End quote ---

Earl, I believe this can be achieved by modifying the hammer spring to be shorter, thereby reducing the strength it places behind the hammer. A softer strike of the hammer on the exhaust valve should let out less gas, thereby putting less energy behind the pellet and leaving more CO2 in the reservoir.

Not aware of any "low power" replacements out on the market, but the simple DIY solution is to take the factory spring and trim off a few coils to weaken the strength.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like something I can do.
Is there a video of removing the hammer spring?
Where can I buy a new hammer spring if I mess up the original one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version