GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

100yd NUAH Submission

(1/1)

Traxxx:
Here is the submission shot a little bit ago. I found the target again yesterday and got the required measurement picture.
Name Carl
Rifle.  FX Elite .25
Pellet. FX 25.4 grain
100yds with vortex range finder

Fussell:
I see you found your target Carl. That's great. Now that you have the ruler up there we can see that your 8 ring measures close to 3 & 7/8 inches which is a little undersized. It actually is a little unfair to you as it makes it harder to keep shots inside the smaller rings. You might want to change some settings on your printer and see if you can get the 8 ring closer to the 4 inch mark.

I think the moderators will let it stand, and would only be concerned if the 8 ring was larger than 4 inches.

As per the rules I'd say this qualifies you for "Sharp Shooter" status

Sharpshooter - all 5 shots inside or touching the 4 MOA (8 ) ring, and the group is 2 MOA or smaller C-T-C.
     Expert - all 5 shots inside or touching the 3 MOA (9) ring, and the group is 1.5 MOA or smaller C-T-C. (3 MOA ring on the target is required)
     Master - all 5 shots inside or touching the 2 MOA (10) ring, and the group is 1 MOA or smaller C-T-C. (2 MOA ring on the target is required.)

KevinJBrown:
I found that I had to set my printer to magnify and then the target actually "ran off" the paper a little bit because of the margins on an 8.5X11 sheet to get to full size. Then I just went ahead and ordered targets on really heavy cardstock so the holes punched a little better with the pellets that I used. In any case since I know the problem you are having and as is pointed out, you are making the problem for yourself more difficult with rings I'm going to add you to the list as a sharp shooter.

Nice shootin'

Traxxx:
Thanks guys, I’ll see if I can get the sizing right. Thing is that I have about a dozen targets printed out on card stock now. LOL. I’ll just roll those into practice/sight in targets. I need to work in my new recipe on the Elite since I made a change to the regulator. I was about half way there yesterday when a front blew in bringing some pretty good gusts.

JuryRigger:
Good shooting-congrats!  :D
Jesse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version