GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

20 Silencer Test

<< < (33/49) > >>

Earl:
Thank you mrbulk !!!

Cableaddict:
I'm wondering what makes the 1.22" diameter Huma so bloody efficient.

I'd love to have a highly efficient unit at that diameter.   I'm using a Shogun right now on my raw-barreled, highly ported .25 Flashpup.    It does a good job, but it REALLY screams "silencer."  This is sort of a problem here in NY State,  since we're not allowed to hunt with them attached.   
I'm thinking that a 1.22" unit could have a plastic or CF tube epoxied to the back of it,  so as to look like a factory shroud when attached. That might get me past any game warden or cop that actually decided to check me out.     -  I sort of did this with the 1.6" diameter Shogun, but it makes it look like some kind of assault weapon.  lol....

I figure I could use the biggun' for yard pest removal, and the skinny one for hunting.  (Where a few extra db's won't matter.)

It would also be REALLY interesting to see a head-to-head comparison between the DonnyFL Koi and the HUMA Standard, as they are just about the same dimensions.

PancorJackhammer:
Great comparison Charlie.  Did you notice any effect on accuracy by any of them while testing?  I am primarily interested in consistent accuracy more than noise.  But quiet is nice too.  Thank you for doing these tests. 

subscriber:
Richard,

Charlie may be on walkabout - in case he does not reply.

From what I recall, most of his groups were similar in size between tested silencers; but some of groups moved at the same sight setting.  Nothing unexpected, as the different added masses and lengths would change barrel droop and possibly harmonics.  In other words, optimizing the rifle's tuning may be required for smallest groups with a given silencer.

Shkval:
I went from a $50 Hatsan silencer to a Dannyfl Sumo on my .25 sumatra, I have tried many different poower settings and pellet's and I have a consistently very high dispersion with the Sumo.

I am surprised because this silencer has a very good reputation and I will have to send it back to the store...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version