PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles

Author Topic: Ordering pellets from Walmart  (Read 2724 times))

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
Ordering pellets from Walmart
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
I have never been able to order pellets from Walmart, even though they sell them in the store. They sell many other brands and I've even email their HQ about this but got no response. They usually only have Crosman and Gamo in the store, occasionally Benjamins.

Recently, someone posted this link in the Bargain Gate so tried to order two tins shipped to store.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Pellets-Round-Nose-.22-Caliber-250-Count/49772809
The order actually went through and they are here today!
Bottom line, if you've tried ordering in the past but couldn't like me, it might be worth trying again. It seems some policy has changed for the better.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc - For sale   
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Offline Airgun.Sniper

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Ordering pellets from Walmart
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
 Illinois has some type of fps control dont they? Back when I stayed in chicago when my stepdad worked was a cop- I wasnt allowed to bring my airguns and I couldnt tell any one he was a cop. Hopefully you receive your order

Jay
Benjamin Maruader Gen II .22 cal LW Barrel
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP MOA

Offline smythsg

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:52 PM »
I recently ordered and had ship to store, two tins of CP Dome .22 with no problem in GA...
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
SPA M16 .25 cal; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177 cal; Airforce Condor .25 cal; Benjamin Akela .22 cal

PCPs currently filled with 110 v Yong Heng Compressor

Others I have owned and enjoyed:
Evanix REX .357 cal; Seneca Recluse .357; MrodAir M10; MrodAir P12; AirForce Escape .25; Hatsan Bullboss; Hatsan BT65 Elite; Hatsan BT65 QE; Hatsan 135; Hatsan 125; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1; FDPCP GEN2;  Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP; Crosman Phantom; Crosman 1377

Offline Airgun.Sniper

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »
I recently ordered and had ship to store, two tins of CP Dome .22 with no problem in GA...

Georgia doesnt have an FPS limit and stuff on there rifle. You have to have an FOD i think in the state of Illinios
Benjamin Maruader Gen II .22 cal LW Barrel
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP MOA

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »

Georgia doesnt have an FPS limit and stuff on there rifle. You have to have an FOD i think in the state of Illinios

True. I think that is why they were afraid to sell them in IL. I couldn't even ship to store.
I wrote an email to Walmart several about it months ago but never heard back, maybe it helped straighten them out.   :-\
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Gamo Hornet .177

Offline bgmcgee

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
They.still won't ship to my house. Tried when they had the 40 count co2 on sale but no go. I can walk into a local store abd buy pellets but can't order them on line even ship to store.
  • Salida,Ca.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Start the day with the GTA!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »
I too noticed the vast sellection when linked there on another thread.
Although I am curious to how they are packaged. Please keep us posted when they arrive.
In your life, expect some trouble.
But when you worry, you make it double.
Don't worry, be happy!

JimQwerty123 always said ...
"Shoot safe and have fun,"

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
I too noticed the vast sellection when linked there on another thread.
Although I am curious to how they are packaged. Please keep us posted when they arrive.

They were shipped to store, so I assume they came from a warehouse on a Walmart truck with other merchandise. The pellets were in a box packed with shipping paper and look to be in great shape. No issue there.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Gamo Hornet .177

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »
That's good news. Guess I need to do some shoppin.
Don't worry, be happy!

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 03:43:45 PM »

I only tried ordering the one type of pellet. If you are able to order other brands, please post it up. I kind of with I tried adding another brand to my order to make sure the policy has changed for more than just that sale item.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Gamo Hornet .177

Offline Rayc384

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »
I could not get CO2 cartridges delivered from Walmart earlier this month. Took delivery via Memphis.

It's tough enough with the state's gun laws, without the retailers putting more barriers on us.
  • Southern Illinois
UMAREX Fusion
XS60C .22
FD-PCP .177
AirForce Talon .177, .22, .25
Benjamin NP2 .22
Crosman 2300T
Crosman 1077 .177
Daisy 880 .177
Umarex Steel Challenge BB
REMINGTON RAC 1911
Crosman 3576

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 03:40:22 AM »
I could not get CO2 cartridges delivered from Walmart earlier this month. Took delivery via Memphis.

It's tough enough with the state's gun laws, without the retailers putting more barriers on us.

Very true and well said.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Gamo Hornet .177

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »

I only tried ordering the one type of pellet. If you are able to order other brands, please post it up. ...
Found a gift card with $5 left on it, stopped by Wally-World tonight on the way home... same 'ol same old.
So I get online at home and ordered
RWS Meisterkugeln Match Grade .177, 500 Count $10.95
and the elusive Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum (CPUM).177 10.5 Grain, 500 Count $7.84
So a total all in $19.36... Shipped to store for free...the $5 gift card I found = WIN!

Don't worry, be happy!

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »
I think with Walmart it's a day-by-day, product by product thing. In my experiences:

A few years ago they let me order a Crosman Challenger PCP rifle and have it shipped to the home.  But at the same time they would not ship me the Benji pump for it, or even ship it to the store. I had to order it somewhere else.

A couple times I tried to order pellets, no ship to home or to store. Other times it worked. 

Tried to order my wife a couple different airguns, no joy in any fashion.

IL airguns are complicated. Basically, anything over .18 is treated like a firearm, which requires a state ID for purchase and ownership. And even in .177, there are some places in IL that forbid it anyway.  I suspect it is the squirrel and chipmunk lobbyists at work. 

It gets worse. The airguns over .18 you try to buy online, because they are considered a firearm, legally must be transferred through an FFL. When it comes to hunting though, airguns "considered firearms" cannot always be used in the same situations as firearms.   

Illinois is a good state to be "from", if you get my drift.
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline Rayc384

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 03:45:32 PM »
Last week, to follow my Walmart CO2 order to be picked up in Tenn., I tried to order a .177 Air rifle from Amazon.  They would not ship it to me.  Unfortunately my money was in gift cards from my family. I even tried to order through Amazon from Pyramyd. No go no matter what.

Told them I hope they enjoyed my past business.

It is not just the government fooling with us.
  • Southern Illinois
UMAREX Fusion
XS60C .22
FD-PCP .177
AirForce Talon .177, .22, .25
Benjamin NP2 .22
Crosman 2300T
Crosman 1077 .177
Daisy 880 .177
Umarex Steel Challenge BB
REMINGTON RAC 1911
Crosman 3576