GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Gong Diameter at 100 Yards - Closed

<< < (5/5)

Spacebus:

--- Quote from: RobertMcC on October 27, 2021, 11:28:13 AM ---One issue with using a propane tank. Because it is round, there is a greater risk of a ricochet.

--- End quote ---

Good point. The following is a bit off topic, I'll modify the post if it's too much of a derail.

What if I cut it in half lengthwise and had the concave (inside) part facing the shooter? I am trying to repurpose all these old propane tanks into a trap that will make it easy to recover the lead. Maybe lining the inside with rubber mud flaps? I'm shooting 70+ FPE rifles in my case.

Back_Roads:

--- Quote from: Spacebus on October 27, 2021, 12:28:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: RobertMcC on October 27, 2021, 11:28:13 AM ---One issue with using a propane tank. Because it is round, there is a greater risk of a ricochet.

--- End quote ---

Good point. The following is a bit off topic, I'll modify the post if it's too much of a derail.

What if I cut it in half lengthwise and had the concave (inside) part facing the shooter? I am trying to repurpose all these old propane tanks into a trap that will make it easy to recover the lead. Maybe lining the inside with rubber mud flaps? I'm shooting 70+ FPE rifles in my case.

--- End quote ---

I find concave parabolic surfaces direct the fire right around back at the shooter, if some side bevels were bent inward at an inward angle it would possibly act as a bullet trap ???

Spacebus:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on October 27, 2021, 07:02:09 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I find concave parabolic surfaces direct the fire right around back at the shooter, if some side bevels were bent inward at an inward angle it would possibly act as a bullet trap ???

--- End quote ---

I guess I'm not going to be using the tanks for bullet traps then. Thanks for the info.

Earl:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Champion or Do-All rimfire bullet traps will let you easily recover the lead. 
I have used my Champion trap for about 40 years, mostly for 22 long rifle at about 100 FPE.

Spacebus:

--- Quote from: Earl on October 28, 2021, 09:29:34 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Champion or Do-All rimfire bullet traps will let you easily recover the lead. 
I have used my Champion trap for about 40 years, mostly for 22 long rifle at about 100 FPE.

--- End quote ---

I need it to stop my .45 Challenger which is more like .357 mag power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version