GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Gong Diameter at 100 Yards - Closed

(1/5) > >>

rsterne:
I am considering hanging an empty 20 lb. Propane tank out at 100 yards.... I will cut the bottom off, leaving it bell shaped.... They are a foot in diameter, and not counting the handle (and minus the bottom) about a foot high.... Would you consider that target OK for offhand (standing, no rests) at 100 yards, or way too large?....

I'm thinking it should ring like a bell, which even my deaf ears could hear!....  ::)

Bob

Fussell:
I voted for 12" , because I haven't even tried it, and my offhand skills are extremely lacking. I picked 12" only because I didn't see anything that resembled a 55 gallon metal drum in size ;-)
But I do like your idea for the propane tank. Brilliant!

JuryRigger:
Will be watching; as I have been trying to improve my offhand skills and am curious...
Haven't tried anything more than a half dozen shots offhand at 100 yards-at least five of them hit my trap, which measures about 17" wide by 11" tall... So would think that maybe an 8" would be a nice blend between easy and a challenge, but since I've no real experience I didn't vote.
Jesse

Blowpipe Sam:
I’m saying 12” because I have actually hit a 14” frying pan I stuck out at 100 yards.  With a bit more practice I might squeeze that down to 10”.  Love the bell idea and I may try that with some 1 lb. cans I have.  For closer range of course. ;D

Jshooter71:

--- Quote from: rsterne on October 09, 2021, 10:39:35 PM ---I am considering hanging an empty 20 lb. Propane tank out at 100 yards.... I will cut the bottom off, leaving it bell shaped.... They are a foot in diameter, and not counting the handle (and minus the bottom) about a foot high.... Would you consider that target OK for offhand (standing, no rests) at 100 yards, or way too large?....

I'm thinking it should ring like a bell, which even my deaf ears could hear!....  ::)

Bob

--- End quote ---

For long range, that’s brilliant, Bob! I’ve got plenty of empty refrigerant cans of various colors that make a nice ring when hit. With the bottom cut off, that’d be even better!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version