GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Target Size Poll

(1/10) > >>

rsterne:
The first poll determined that any range over 100 yards should be allowed, with the target size to qualify for membership to be scaled to the distance, with a specified number of hits required.... Please vote for your choice of target size, and add comments if you wish.... If you wish to see a more lenient target for Springers, please specify that in your post.... There is a separate Poll dealing with this issue as well....

Bob

PlanB:
scuse my dumbness , is 1 moa 1" at 100 yd?
and on the voteing, is the 1 thru 6 fot the outside ring on the target?

PlanB:

--- Quote from: rsterne on December 12, 2015, 11:55:42 PM ---The first poll determined that any range over 100 yards should be allowed, with the target size to qualify for membership to be scaled to the distance, with a specified number of hits required.... Please vote for your choice of target size, and add comments if you wish.... If you wish to see a more lenient target for Springers, please specify that in your post.... There is a separate Poll dealing with this issue as well....

Bob

--- End quote ---
the only input i can think of is not to have any more black on the target than necessary as it's hard to see a hit on a black target.

rsterne:
Yes, 1 MOA is normally taken to be 1" at 100 yards, 2" at 200 yards, etc.... The specified target size is the "qualification ring", ie the largest ring where a hit counts, and should, IMO, be marked on the target, centered on the aiming point.... In the first Poll I showed some targets that were white with thin black rings only, white with a black bull the size of the 4 MOA ring, and white with a yellow bull the size of the 4 MOA ring.... They are merely suggestions / examples of what could be used....

Bob

rsterne:
Results of this poll are pretty clear.... most want a 4 MOA target used to qualify for membership....

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version