GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

New spot.

(1/3) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Man, I really didn't have time to hunt much at all latelly,...something always comes up  >:( >:(

A few weeks back I scouted a new portion of the Papaya plantation that I didn't even knew it existed,

I found a great spot where a major trail hugs the bottom of the rocky slope, hogs use that trail to come down the mountains and then fan out into the Plantation.

prevailing trades are just about perfect so I set up a feeder, as I sit monitoring the feeder I also can spy into the Papaya fields through the trees,

also where I set up the bucket there's 4 big Avocado trees.

My blind backed up to the rocks and about 6 feet up on a rocky ledge

Look from behind my Blind looking at the feeder, you can see it just right of the LDC, it's placed close to the furthest Avocado tree

the 2 closest Avocado trees just on the other side of the Hog trail under the Blind ledge, can't really see much in the picture but past the trees I can see if Hogs are roaming in the Papays fields

So I can either get lucky and get hogs come to the feeder or have even more fun if I spy one in the field and stalk it,......hunted the blind last week the feeder only been up lesst then a week at that point but there already was signs of Hogs action,....noting came by but it was a good warm up hunt,

.....Ho yeah wearing my favorite short distance stalking hunting footwear, Chuck Adams Converse

If everything goes right I'll hunt there tomorrow afternoon after the morning surf  ;D ;D

Wayne52:
Great looking spot you've got there Manny, you ought to have some great luck in that spot. . . . the best of luck to you !

xtred1:
looks like to much fun!   What is your knife in the photo? or is that a pistol?

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: Paulus on October 09, 2018, 12:35:27 AM ---looks like to much fun!   What is your knife in the photo? or is that a pistol?

--- End quote ---

Buck knife with a homemade sheath

Nomadic Pirate:
Today I went for a second hunt,

to make sure it was not a total write off before getting settled into my blind I climbed one of the Avocado trees and got me a few :)

also took a couple more pictures to show the blind position

in the end the 2nd hunt turned out lucky

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version