GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Field Target Gates

My new Limited Pistol Project

(1/10) > >>

Kerndtc:
Decided to try the DIY route. I've owned a Beeman AR series QB rifle for about a year and a half now and it is a great rifle. After lots of internal work, barrel work and finding the right pellet it shoots very well. So I decided to condense that gun into a pistol.

I received the rifle this evening at 5pm Pacific, and decided to have some fun! I was done for the evening when my wife (who kicked my butt last weekend at Oregon State) got home from dinner with her friends from work at 8. I think I made some good progress!

As per the rules of PFT 3" is the max height in front of the trigger guard, so I had to chop the foregrip, and since it's a pistol I had to chop the butt stock. And now for the barrel, I chucked it in my mini 7x hobby lathe and had some fun. Unfortunately the barrel isn't concentric, but I'll try it anyways!

Stage one is complete:

Stock trimming and minor shaping.
Barrel cut, recrown and small deburring.

Next stage is valve work, hammer polishing and lightning.

I really hope it works out, the balance of this thing is superb!

Hope to post more soon.

Kerndtc:
Ten shot string with factory valve, new shorter barrel and factory transfer port at 800psi reg pressure gave me a low of 587 a high of 592 averaging at 6.1fpe.

I'll be adding plenum by removing the c02 components of the valve as well as cutting the valve body to where the spring cradle is. Next polishing the poppet, polishing all spring ends, hammer and bolt. Changing the transfer port and replacing the pass through bolt to add a probe. Also I hope to lighten up heavy factory hammer.

Hoping all these mods bring me up to 12 fpe.

Hope to get it there before my archery hunt this weekend, but that will take priority.

Have a great Tuesday!

Motorhead:
Cameron,
That's pretty dang cool.
May need to follow suit on building something similar being my Airmax 700 is not really panning out as a competitive FT pistol.

Good luck as project continues ... be watching

gokidd:
Cameron, you have been a busy fabricator!
Didn't you build a new WFTF spring-piston rifle during your Saturday lunch break and then shoot it Sunday in Ione?
Good job, brother man!
Bob

Kerndtc:
Yes Bob! On Wednesday I decided I wanted to put a Vortek 12fpe kit and it arrived Friday night. Threw it in on Saturday morning, mounted a scope and ran a couple numbers for Sunday.

My numbers weren't perfect, luckily shooting WFTF I was shooting at 24x, I was able to memorize hits on the faceplate and adjust my clicks when necessary. Resulting in a lot of second shot hits. Trying to take note of my numbers and help new shooters at the same time proved a little difficult. Totally worth it, Manny and his son Matt have plans to continue the sport and purchase equipment!

Thanks for the interest and support! When I'm done you guys are more than welcome to play with it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version