GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Crosman 1400 Worked, Now It Doesn't

(1/3) > >>

Starbright:
I replaced all the seals in the Crosman 1400 and it worked very well and then I took the forearm off and suddenly it decided to not pump up.
I took it apart again and replaced all the seals again and then when it pumps, I get a low grade pssst around the breech when pulling the trigger.  I am hard of hearing and can't ascertain exactly where the air is released. The breech seal is the refrigerator vinyl tubing.  I did buy a new roll of tubing to have on hand but there is a difference in the wall thickness because the .17 is too thin walled.  Anyone have an idea before I give the Crosman to my grandson??  I know overall I've taken this Crosman apart at least eight times.

avator:
Just a random guess but if your cut the tube too long and squeeze it, you close up the ID.

JPSAXNC:
When it worked, how many pumps were you using and what was the velocity. Need this info to know if the gun was healthy when it worked. If all you did was remove the pump arm, and not the barrel, and put the pump arm bac on and it wouldn't pump. There's some other problem. Google Crosman 1400 exploded view, you can enlarge the diagram to see if all the parts are in right.

oldair:
As noted by avator above - If the transfer port seal is tangled up or not fully aligned with the valve and barrel, that could cause the 'pssst' sound as air can't pass through and just escapes around the seal.

Don R.

Starbright:
I didn't change the tube, I used the one that was on the Crosman...as many as reassembling it 8 times.  As when it was working properly, I would pump it 7 times and it would shoot a hole through a vegetable can.  I'm thinking it could be the trigger assembly since early on, the rifle would discharge when pumped.  I adjusted the trigger with the adjusting screw and alleviated that but still it could be a worn trigger assembly...maybe??  Te reson I didn't change the tube is becasue I tried with the thin walled tubing and it failed so I kept the old vinyl tube and used it multiple times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version