GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

Benjamin Akela .22 $460

(1/2) > >>

longislandhunter:
Amazon listing the .22 Akela for $460 on one of their pop up specials if anyone is interested.  I’m on my phone  right now and can’t figure out how to post a link.   

Back on my laptop.... here's the link

They also have it with a tin of 500 CPHP's for $467

Jeff

Captain Paul:
I just pulled the trigger (pun intended) on the $460 deal.  It arrives tomorrow.  The only catch is that there are -no returns-.  If it arrives damaged or defective your options are either a replacement or refund (which is fine with me).  It still has Benjamin's 5 year warranty, so I feel pretty safe with my purchase.  It arrives tomorrow.  :)

longislandhunter:
Funny thing is that the offer for just the rifle does indeed say only "refund or replacement if defective" , However the other deal (with the rifle and 1 tin of pellets) says "return, refund or replacement".  I saw that after I ordered mine (arrives today).   

I'm not concerned about it either but if I had noticed the difference I would've ordered the one with the tin of pellets just to have that "return" option.  Can't understand how there is a difference between the two but there is.....   oh well, it's a great deal on the .22  :)

Jeff

longislandhunter:
Rifle delivered a little while ago.  Really beautiful stock, aired it up to 3000 psi and so far holding pressure.  Only thing I noticed was that the barrel assembly seemed to have an awful lot of lateral movement to it with the slightest touch.  Removed the picatinny rail, checked the tiny allen screw down inside the frame that secures the barrel assembly and sure enough it was so loose I think without the picatinny rail sitting on top of it it would've fallen out.  Tightened it up and now the barrel assembly is as it should be then I cleaned the barrel.   Will let it sit overnight to make sure it's not leaking and will then install a scope and do some testing with the chrony and different pellets. 

I had a .177 Akela I sent back due to extreme accuracy issues but when I saw the .22 version on Amazon for $460 I got that "itch" again  as I really did hate to return the .177 cause I really loved the rifle.  :)

Anyway, glad I found the sale and looking forward to testing this one out.

Jeff

Captain Paul:
I got mine this afternoon.  I'll start a thread in the PCP section to highlight what I'm doing to the rifle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version