GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Taking 2 airguns to Antiques Roadshow this Tuesday

<< < (3/7) > >>

Pneumatic-Addict:
You have no idea how envious my wife is.  8)

avator:
Well, I guess we'll see if the show is staged like lots of other realty shows.

eeler1:
what’s your thinking bringing those 2?  Not being critical, just curious why those.  Oh, and very cool that you got in.  Not my show, but looking forward to seeing that episode.

45flint:

--- Quote from: eeler1 on June 06, 2023, 12:25:02 AM ---what’s your thinking bringing those 2?  Not being critical, just curious why those.  Oh, and very cool that you got in.  Not my show, but looking forward to seeing that episode.

--- End quote ---

The Britannia was made in 1905 and is one of the first spring rifled target rifle.  They made less than 4000 so it’s pretty rare.  With the 1919 BSA Light, I have the history of the rifle which was owned by the winner of the US small bore championship at Camp Perry in 1924 he went on to be President of the NRA after WW2. Have a lot of material about BSA’s marketing of their air rifles at Camp Perry in the early 1920’s. The owner customize the stock and is the only known example of a contemporary custom stock that I and other in the collection community have seen. The BSA is the grandfather of the modern spring air rifle.  All that said it is interesting to the airgun collector but who knows if it will interest a gun appraiser at the Roadshow.

45flint:
Just back from the Antiques Roadshow and it seems that like the other parts of the gun world few know what do with airgun collecting.  I was first sent to “firearms and millitaria but they said they know nothing of airguns so they sent me to “collectables”.  So at the collectable table they said I probably knew more about the guns than they did, which was true.  Needless to say that no appraiser is going give airtime to something he or she doesn’t know anything about.  Felt a little like the old comedian Roger Dangerfield, I just don’t get any respect! Lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version