GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

This Is What Can Happen.....

(1/76) > >>

Bwalton:
ALWAYS BE SAFE WHEN MODIFYING OR WORKING ON AN PCP AIR RIFLE..........He is very lucky to be alive!

hpmr2400:
Wow! That is scary.

Rattus58:

--- Quote from: Bwalton on September 12, 2015, 10:27:01 PM ---ALWAYS BE SAFE WHEN MODIFYING OR WORKING ON AN PCP AIR RIFLE..........He is very lucky to be alive!

--- End quote ---
Ouch.... yes.... well for one... I don't know what a HI-Pack.. hypac, hypack, or whatever he was talking about is... but though I know little about airguns, I do know a little about pressure and they don't fill scuba/scba without a "bombshield" and or allow compressed gasses in aircraft for a reason... so in a matter of roughly three weeks we see two catastrophic failures of airguns.

Those of you who know your guns, as I hope to know mine, inspect them frequently and I think that is a great practice. You body lies to you, (those who have suffered heart attacks know this) and your equipment can lie to you as well. If you can, I'm convinced that whatever the right period is, annually or 6 months or so... the experts will have to weigh in, but scuba tanks have to be visually inspected and given a hydrostatic test every 3 or 5 years and some tanks have a service life of a given number of years.. 15 commonly.... We don't hydrostatically test our airguns yet we are subjecting them to identical pressures. Checking for weakness seems to me to be a good idea.

Much Aloha, 8)

dcorvino:
Wow
Glad the guy is going to be ok.
That was scary

Dave

SpiralGroove:
Hey Baxter,
That is more than scary :o  The nasty reality of working with a HPA/PCP Bomb :P
Boy, do I need to be careful ................. I wish your friend a speedy recovery.  This could have been so much worse.
Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version