GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Flyng Dragon PCP Air Tube Failure

(1/75) > >>

PakProtector:
I got to see my first main air tube failure today. The rifle was charged to 1k5 psi. Upon loading it into the truck for its return home it blew up. Air tube is MIA. I hope my neighbor does not find it with his 96" mop mower. Mostly because I want to take a picture of it. Nobody was hurt, entirely due to luck IMO.

This was a near-new example, and was un-modified. I believe our resident expert( well, one of the top 2 or 3) Bob Sterne raised some questions about their construction topology and warned against high pressure operation.
cheers,
Douglas

Tonycalves:
Glad to hear there was no injuries. That had the potential to be catastrophic.

madmullet:
Scary stuff!!! good to see no one was harmed.  I really hope you can find the tube it needs to go back to FD to find out if it was a bad tube or a flaw in all of the tubes.  Its a popular low budget gun that many have. Differently shows that all manufactures need to incorporate a burst disk in to our rifles like on a scuba valve. Was the sun beating down on the rifle when it happened?

PakProtector:

--- Quote from: madmullet on August 22, 2015, 08:27:45 PM ---Scary stuff!!! good to see no one was harmed.  I really hope you can find the tube it needs to go back to FD to find out if it was a bad tube or a flaw in all of the tubes.  Its a popular low budget gun that many have. Differently shows that all manufactures need to incorporate a burst disk in to our rifles like on a scuba valve. Was the sun beating down on the rifle when it happened?

--- End quote ---

The rifle was not left in the sun. It was charged, and then put back in its case. It blew up whilst being moved around in the truck. As you said, very scary...just a matter of luck as to where it was pointed when it let go.
cheers,
Douglas

and yes, I want very much to find it. A thorough search was conducted  up to the edge of the woods/brush line and it has not turned up yet.
cheers,
Douglas

vigilandy:
Any idea as to where the failure point was?  Was the threads on the receiver end?  Or did it burst?  How about a picture of the rest of the rifle?   I'm very interested as I have a couple of these.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version