Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: With respect, admiration, honor and yes, a little love!!!  (Read 60958 times))

Offline Rocker1

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Executive administrator
Re: With resepct, admiration, honor and yes, a little love!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 05:22:31 AM »
Amen    I remember those days well Dez  when we got to a thousand  members we felt overwhelmed LOL!! Now look at the GTA, I have a love and respect for both these men, they both have a passion for this forum and a love for airguns that far exceeds most. I can tell you one thing though, is their decision making for a chief could not have been any better when they chose you Dez.  Thanks    David
  • Eustis Florida
1ST CAV,1971 VIETNAM 11 BUSHBABY LRRP
I MISS MY FRIEND GENE
OLD GUYS PLAYING WITH BB GUNS NEVER GROW UP
lots parts and pieces for something
disco 22 with the works
FX CROWN 22 AND 30 , 25 caliber
Rws 34 22
bsa Lonestar 25
Benji 392
22 liberty
Old Gamo extreme 22
Dar 25
Liberty 22
hotrod prod
Rocker1 tuning and custom works
davidjfurr@outlook.com

Online avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
I have no idea why all you guys would want to praise and honor these two old farts. They are probably THE number one reason for my wallet being empty, my retirement put on hold indefinitely and every wall in my house cluttered with some form of air rifle. My tool shed is an indoor shooting range. My back room is full with the likes of spring compressors, tools, empty air rifle boxes and spare gun parts. Various FedEx and UPS drivers know me by my first name and the townspeople refer to me as the crazy guy out on route 10 with the yard full of targets. My butt, eyes and fingers hurt from sitting for hours on end in this chair reading and typing in this forum. I've met people who have taken my emotions tears to insane laughing. And I've crammed so much information into my old head that I have a perpetual headhache.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks Bob, Gene and all involved in bringing the wonder place to reality.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline uncle paulie

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:35 AM »
Hard to say more than has been said. I came here a few years back to get some info about a good AG for some pesting. Hadn't shot a pellet gun in 45 years. The rest is history. I'm so grateful that Bob and Gene have created this wonderful environment and that I can be a small part of it. It goes without saying that Dave has done a spectacular job of managing this monster since taking over the helm. I'd just like to know just how these guys find the time to do what they do?!!   :o

pv
  • NJ

Offline Booger

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
I have no idea why all you guys would want to praise and honor these two old farts. They are probably THE number one reason for my wallet being empty, my retirement put on hold indefinitely and every wall in my house cluttered with some form of air rifle. My tool shed is an indoor shooting range. My back room is full with the likes of spring compressors, tools, empty air rifle boxes and spare gun parts. Various FedEx and UPS drivers know me by my first name and the townspeople refer to me as the crazy guy out on route 10 with the yard full of targets. My butt, eyes and fingers hurt from sitting for hours on end in this chair reading and typing in this forum. I've met people who have taken my emotions tears to insane laughing. And I've crammed so much information into my old head that I have a perpetual headhache.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks Bob, Gene and all involved in bringing the wonder place to reality.

+1 Well said, my wallet resembles those remarks. :)
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Daystate Air Wolf MTC F/S $1865 + shipping & Ins
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95
.177 NP2 Upgrade Trigger F/S $175 Shipped

Heirloom:
.177 Pro Sport 12 FPE - Rowan Eng. set back trigger, alum trigger guard, adj butt pad, tuned with Maccari parts, refinished stock that is amazing.
Sun Optics 4-14X44  FFP really nice scope.

Offline Briar Patch

• Shooter
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
Gene and Bob - A couple of living legends. What a legacy!

Legacy:

Often when you think about legacy, itís something that is left behind after a person has passed. Legacy is more about sharing what you have learned, not just what you have earned, and bequeathing values over valuables, as material wealth is only a small fraction of your legacy. A more holistic definition of legacy is when you are genuinely grounded in offering yourself and making a meaningful, lasting and energizing contribution to humanity by serving a cause greater than your own. The requirements of a legacy are that you embrace your uniqueness, passionately immersing your whole self into life so that your gift will be to all and that you take responsibility to ensure that it will have a life beyond that of you, its creator, outliving and outlasting your time on earth.

Thank you both for sharing all you have.

Mark
  • Utah
The amount of time I spend here is directly proportional to my inability to distinguish between wants and needs.

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Boy, hard to top all of the great posts here already. Thank you so much Bob and Gene for what you have created here. I've learned so much, met some great people, laughed and even shed a few tears.
 I would be so lost with airguns without all the help I've received these last couple of years. I only wish I had more money to donate more often.
 Thank you too Dez and all the mods.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Offline NHGuide

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Bob, Gene, THANK YOU for creating and growing this incredible resource and family! I am proud to be a part of it!
 And huge thanks as well to all of the other Moderators and supporters of this fine 'home away from home' !

• New Hampshire

Offline brogreg

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 05:34:26 PM »
The GTA website is the reason i have a renewed interest in this sport

Thank you

Offline gene_sc

• Deceased
  • Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA A Cut Above The Rest- In God We Trust
    • CharlieDaTuna
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 05:34:38 PM »
No big thing and I am not one to ring my own bell..:) Time does pass and for some of us quicker than others. I am just another air gunner loving to shoot and play wiff my BB guns..:)

It is time to pass the battan on to David Easley. One of the strongest leaders I have met in my life. He will do well and carry on what Bob and I started. This  will not make any difference in how the GTA is run but only effects a name and address.Your donations will still be used to support the GTA since we do not use banner ads to pay for everything. Bob and I are completly out of the Administration and Management of the GTA now. Will be around for a while I hope..:) and posting when I can. Bob has been quite sick and has been going through many surgeries and doctors visits for the last year. He almost is unable to walk any longer but still looks in on the GTA when he can.

Thanks for all your donations and support

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH:   HW-97K,  Crosman Kantana, CZ-200, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery,  Remington NPSS .177, Crosman Venom, Crosman RamQuest, Gamo 440, Gamo S1K, Gamo CFX Synthetic, Gamo CFX Royal,  RWS 24

Offline topwaterjim

• Jim
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 01:24:31 AM »
I have been in the forum for awhile and have seen Gene interact with a lot of people. The forum they both created is a great place to be ;DLove the atmosphere that Bob and Gene created,God Bless you both..
  • redlands california

Offline Freebird

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 01:52:45 AM »
Yeh...ditto, ditto, ditto....what all they said!
 I'm new here but find this site to be so helpful. I've gotten boat loads of information as well as enjoyment here.
But the one thing that impresses me the most is how nice and clean this site is. I drop in on several different sites of various topics across the net and I've never seen one set up and moderated any better than GTA.
 Folks are kind, helpful, understanding and give to the community in a serious way.
You can't make this happen overnight and it has to be quite a challenge to maintain these days.

I early on sensed there was a reason for this and I'm fast discovering "who" the reasons are.
Thank you Gene and Bob and all those that continue to make this happen!

• Tennessee USA
Hatsan 95 Vortex .22
Hatsan 95 Springer .22 (x2)
Benjamin Titan NP .22 (x2)

Offline CHUCKSTER

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 03:03:44 AM »
Hi Dave,
Yes Gene and Bob deserve our most heartfelt gratitude for creating a forum for air gunners. As for managing their forum they have passed that crushing responsibility on to you. They must believe  their confidence in you is well founded.
Chuck
  • FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Don

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 07:38:33 AM »
Bob and Gene,

I've never met you, but I did buy a CDT trigger for my Phantom. I couldn't believe it would make THAT much difference in how much fun it is to shoot. I hate the long hard pull of the stock trigger. Instead of focusing on the target, I had to focus on my trigger pull. Your trigger has turned that around. THANK YOU! I also appreciate this great forum you started. I've received a LOT of great help from nice people. Help I needed back in 88 when I bought my first break barrel Umerux and got frustrated with how hard the trigger was and it's in accuracy. Powerful yes, but what good is that if you can't hit what you're aiming at? If I had had this support group back then, I might still own that rifle.

Again, THANK YOU!
Don

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »
One more thing to add for Bob and Gene. You guys could write a book on how to successfully build and run a forum. Of all the forums I post/read on, this is by far the most well run. This isn't limited to AG sites. Hockey, fishing...  can't think of any other forum even 1/3 the size of GTA that is this well put together.
  • NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Offline Matt15

• Slugger
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • What can I say, I like to tinker. :)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »
Thanks Bob and Gene!! I also want to thank Dave and all the members on GTA for making it such a great place! ;) ;D
  • Il
Tuned Webley Patriot .25  28 FPE 
Benjamin Trail np pistol: 400 fps
Crosman 2100 12 pumps= 790 fps with 7.9 gr pellet

2017-2018 Squirrel Season
Squirrels: 20

2016-2017 Squirrel Season
The Total was:
15 Fox Squirrels
11 grey squirrels

Offline airgunwarriors

• Happy/Safe Shooting!:)
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »
Well said D Ez and great story! :D

I have never had the honor of meeting either Gene nor Bob in person, but have learned enough to have the highest respect for their contributions to our hobby and to greatly appreciate it!

I have personally talked with Gene several times in length on the phone...developing a very valued friendship with him and I have found him to be one of the most generous people I have ever known!

Gene has been a huge asset to my love of this great hobby!

I will soon have the pleasure of owning one of Bob's ever famous creations...the GRT-III and will be proud to state that my Titan GP .22 has this master-piece of design, craftsmanship and workmanship on it!

I look forward to meeting Gene in Bob at the next GTA Fun-Shoot or sooner! Actually hoping to go spend a day with Gene just as soon as I get the chance to head in his direction!

I would like to thank them both at this time for the GTA, as it has been an incredible joy for me since day 1 of joining it!

Thanks Gene and Bob...very much!

Sincerely,

Al.
  • S.C.
.22 Flying Dragon-PCP
Full power tune w/fully integrated psi gauge

.22 Benjamin Titan GP
Full tune w/GRT-III Trigger

.22 Crosman 2240
Goal is to make it a powerful and accurate bulk Co2 powered carbine

.177 QB-57
Plan to have full tune and refinish stock

Offline rsterne

• Member 2000+fps Club
  • Bob and Lloyd
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA Forums Person of the Year 2017
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 01:51:56 AM »
I hardly think the Back Room is the place for this thread.... Our founders need to be honoured openly to thank them for their vision in creating this, our home, the GTA....

Thanks to both Bob and Gene, and to DEz for taking up the torch so ably....

Bob Sterne
  • Coalmont, BC, Canada
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsenal:
1750 CO2 Carbine, .177 Uber-Pumper, .22 Uber-Carbine, .25 Discovery, 2260 PCP 8-shot Carbine, 2260 HPA (37 FPE), 2560 HPA (52 FPE), XS-60c HPA in .30 cal (90 FPE), .22 cal QB79 HPA, Disco Doubles in .22, .25 & .30 cal, "Hayabusa" Custom PCP Project (Mk.I is .22 & .25 cal regulated; Mk.II is .224, .257, 7mm, .308 & .357; Mk.III is .410 shotgun and .458 cal), .257 "Monocoque" Benchrest PCP, .172/6mm Regulated PCP and .224/.257 Unregulated, Three regulated BRods in .25 cal (70 FPE), .30 cal (100 FPE) & .35 cal (145 FPE), .257 Condor (180 FPE).

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Plain ole' Admin
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2014, 04:17:57 PM »
Just moved this thread to the Announcement Gate. And reviving it for folks that may not have seen it to read and post to.
Thanks.
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Plain ole' Admin
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »
Just to bring it back for another look. Some may have missed this and would like to see a little history of how we got to where we are today.
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline Hoffman9517

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
Thank you Bob and Gene! And everyone else here!
  • Boston
Santa Rosa R1
Hw80
Sheridan blue
Double shot
Wingshot!