GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Welcome to the Best of the Best! > Welcome New Members

Perry99 in Atlanta

(1/2) > >>

Perry99:
Hi all,

I'm Perry.  I'm happy to be here.  This is my first post but I've been fairly active in chat for a week or so.

I'm 57.  Airline pilot flying 757 and 767 domestically.  Married, with one adult son.  I used to shoot a lot as a kid, but haven't done much lately. 

Thanks to the outstanding advice of many of the chatters I have ordered my first Air Gun:

From Straight Shooters (GREAT guys , BTW), I ordered the following:

Benjamin Marauder .22
Hawke Varmint 3-12x44 scope with side focus, MilDot
SCUBA tank adapter
extra magazine
tin of pellets

Straight Shooters airs up each rifle before it goes out, shoots it, tests for leaks, and inspects it for fit and finish.  I like that.

After placing my order, I called my local Dive Shop (5-10 minute drive from my house), and then went over and purchased a used 80cu.in. Aluminum Scuba tank with 4 years left on the hydro inspection.  They will air it up to 3300 psi for me.  (they also do SCBA tanks up to about 4100psi, when I get around to coughing up the cash for one of those...heh).

My brain is overloaded with air gun info, but thru it all I've been lusting for the Marauder....just took some time to get to the decision.

I'm very excited to be getting the Marauder and really look forward to shooting it. 

I live on 6 acres of wooded property.  I'll be plinking at cans and paintballs but I will also get paper targets and will also be shooting squirrels, eventually.  (we have a lot of squirrels).

Again, many thanks to the great folks in chat.  And I look forward to participating here.

Perry

lizzie:
Hey Perry- very nice to have you here, and congrats on your new gun. I'm sure you'll love it, and become an addict like the rest of us, lol. :D

Singleshooter:
Welcome Perry.  Origanly from Marietta, where abouts are you?

Darrin

OldmanJunky:
Welcome to the GTA, soon to be darksider.

:D

dk1677:
Welcome to the GTA Perry! and the Darkside , don't forget to get your cookies  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version