GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Welcome to the Best of the Best! > Welcome New Members

Benjamin trail np xl 1100

(1/3) > >>

Tim Wilson:
Hello, I,m Tim Wilson and new to the GTA forum, I have a used Benjamin trail np 1100 and would like to tune it a little more,just installed a GRT3 what a tremendous improvement. Mr Werner cannot be commended enough for this wonderful upgrade, my question is after I removed the stock to replace the new  GRT,I notice it was quiet grimy and dirty inside the piston and seal chamber, and would like to check the seal andclean and lube,I have done tunes on standard springer's that have a retainer pin,but this gun has no evidence of a pin that holds The NP piston and components just a rear cap with two 3/16 holes? Do I need a special tool to remove the cap to remove the piston and components with ??or without  my spring compressor.?? ..help would be appreciated...Tim

earlmarne:
no need for a spring compressor.a spanner wrench is what most recomend,i just used channel locks but it tore the cap up.

Tim Wilson:
Thanks, I am assuming it is threaded?

earlmarne:
yup,comes right out itsa pretty simple setup in there.it was my first self tune.gene sells a bushing and washer kit that tightens everything up for 21 bucks if i remember.it smoothed everything out real nice for me.i ordered a maccari seal i beleive it was the talon,hunter,turkish seal,along with the grt3 trigger and boy all together those few things make for a really nice shooter.welcome to gta,im new to this forum also,theres some great ppl on here with loads of knowlege.

Tim Wilson:
Have a seal from maccari and moly,he sent me a combo pack, who is gene,? Parts? Hey thanks for the quick response on questions,so nice of You,was,nt expecting this kind of response already

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version