GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Fun Shoot By State Discussion Gate > California Fun Shooting Events -Northern

Airgun match and hunting in the Bay Area

(1/3) > >>

AP1978:
Any suggestion for a good place in the Bay Area for airgun matches and small game (ground squirrel hunting)? 

I was a long time member of Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club years ago, and they had Saturday airgun/rimfire matches for kids.  I was eager to take my 7y son there to shoot, but they have been closed due to COVID.  Diablo Gun Club is great, but a little far from me.  Any other places?

Any local small game hunting?  Been paying about $150~250 to hunt varmints (ground squirrels and coyotes) on private properties in Monterey county. Because my wife does not like hunting and does not allow overnight trips, wondering if there ranches or locations that are closer to us for airgun hunting with my son.

Thanks!

Motorhead:
DIABLO ROD & GUN has an Air Gun group that shoots weekly ....
 See: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/diablo-r-g-long-range-precision-shooting-match-oct-2nd-concord-ca/?referrer=1

Sacramento is the next closest club, Then over near Santa Cruz / Monterey has some activity too.

Private property and liability issues ... find a friend with a permission or your in a tight spot with few places that allow any shooting IN SPITE critters being abundant.

AP1978:
Hi Motorhead,

Thank you for the comment.  Diablo club seems a great place with great people.  Just a little far.  Will certainly make a trip there sometimes.

I moved to CA from Texas, and used to have a lot of friends with lands to do airgun hunting, and regularly participating in air pistol shooting.  Hunted pigs with various friends in CA on private properties, but had a hard time finding people shooting airguns in the peninsula.  It would be helpful to find friends with permission or property owners allows for airgun shooting with reasonable trespass fees.

Airgunshooter1:
Tell me about it.  I'm not far from you, I'm in Union City just across the bridge.  Closest to me is a regular shooting range in San Leandro with a 100 yard range.  Next is Livermore rod and gun club with 200 yard range. If I'm going to these I likely gonna shoot powder guns instead of air.  Although if I get set up for some carbon fiber scba tank I might be tempted.

redcardad:
Hello AP1978 - I am near redwood city area (very close to you). I also like to take my son out air rifle hunting. I haven't find a place yet, if you know one please share - thanks! I don't mind paying a fee on a private property.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version