GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Tree Rat #63

(1/2) > >>

Rodents Rapture:
I caught this guy hiding in a deep V-cut betweem tree limbs. No dought it was on its' way to my pear tree. I counted 37 pears when the tree started to fruit. Now there are only 2. My Cocker Spaniels allert me to their presence but when I get outside they're nowhere to be seen. It seeks that the barking also serves as a warning to the rats. Once you figure out how they hide it doesn't take long to find them. I spotted the little rat but couldn't get a good line of sight for a shot through the tree branches. I found a small 4" gap in the branches that put me about 40 feet away. I could see it looking at me so I put the dot right on his face and pulled the trigger. I was the last thing it saw. If the head shot didn't finish him my Cocker sure did when she caught it falling out of the tree and gave him a big chunch.

a1Bogey:
Good shooting with a pistol on the squirrel.  If this one is #63 howmany have been taken with that pistol?
My squirrel count is 300+ in the last 18 months but with rifles only.  The pests still keep coming though and I make sure that they get thier vitamin lead when they visit.

Good shooting.

Mike

454 Big Block Chevy:
63... jebus!

1377x:
nice shooting!

dk1677:
Nice shooting with the pistola!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version