GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

TalonP ideas... Help?

(1/2) > >>

YEMX:
A little back story:  I bought a raw extrusion of an AF frame a while back from Aliexpress.  The center bore was out of round, it was a bit egg shaped.  I paid the money to have a long enough boring tool to be made, and had the center bore corrected.  So now I have a 48"+ raw AF frame extrusion, and no idea what to do with it.  I'm not going to sell it.

There's a guy over on the TAG that has a "bullpup" kit for AF guns.  Here's some internet pics:

This is a TalonP that's had the bullpup kit installed. 

The idea is to integrate this bullpup kit, using the raw extrusion, to make a 1 piece frame.  There's other mods I'd like to do, like a M1913 rail, and extend the rail that's below the fore grip, all in the name of stiffening up the frame a bit.  I posted over on the TAG about possibly getting a kit (for less than full price) to use for fitment and measurements, so it's not like I'd be flying blind, trying to design this mod from scratch.  Would anyone be able to help me out?  I know it's going to take time and money- but I'm hoping someone would be willing to help make this idea come to fruition.  No time table of course, as a lot of parts will need to be made.  The frame requires a lot of machining.  But, I would like to be able to complete this project in about a year...

Thoughts on whether or not this is possible
Any takers for machining work?  I'll pay- I just don't want to pay full machine shop prices...

Zebra:
How is that a bullpup?

Airforce guns have the bottle at the back which prevents them from being made into bullpups. You would need a mod to more the bottle - e.g. A 90 degree offset thread  adapter or an adapter to run the bottle through a hose etc.

Roadworthy:
As I understand the term bullpup simply implies the action behind the trigger instead of in front of it as in a conventional rifle.

The extension to the rear - be it bottle or stock - is of no significance to the definition.  Many bullpup type weapons to have a shoulder stock of some sort.

The idea is to allow a longer barrel while reducing the overall length of the weapon is my understanding.

YEMX:

--- Quote from: Roadworthy on October 05, 2016, 05:12:35 PM ---As I understand the term bullpup simply implies the action behind the trigger instead of in front of it as in a conventional rifle.

The extension to the rear - be it bottle or stock - is of no significance to the definition.  Many bullpup type weapons to have a shoulder stock of some sort.

The idea is to allow a longer barrel while reducing the overall length of the weapon is my understanding.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

aluminumfetish:
BUMP !   Did this ever turn into anything, I would love to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version