GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > WFTF Class Field Target

WFTF World FT Champs 2014 New Zealand

(1/1)

greyskullnz:
NZAFTA are pleased to announce the 2014 World FT Champs will be hosted in Wellington, New Zealand.

The link below is the preliminary information, which will be updated as appropriate. First steps are detailed for the process to get Air Rifles into New Zealand under the current legislation.

Accommodation will be available at very low cost to try and offset the higher air fares involved in travelling to New Zealand.

Classes will include the usual 12 ft/lbs under the Comprehensive rules, and an additional set of springer and PCP classes up to 28 ft/lbs as our laws allow it.

Have a read and return regularly for updated information releases.  New Zealand is a great friendly destination with many leisure activities available in addition to the FT match. Among our favourite outdoor sports are Rugby Union, Sailing, tramping, fishing and hunting. NZ is an ideal family holiday destination also.

http://nzafta.serverforumhosting.com/world-ft-champs-nz-2014-f8.html

Kind Regards
Greyskull
Worlds FT Champs co-ordinator 2014

ps: Timmy Mac, get your game on buddy ;D

rixtrix1:
Awesome looking venue. I first assumed it would be in Wanganui, but I guess I was mistaken as the info could not be given out at the time I asked Mr. Welsh. This looks even better. Working on a deal for airfare, but don't know if I can take enough time away from work. I'm by no means whatsoever a world class shooter, but it looks like a great place to visit. Best wishes early for a great turnout and match.

Ric G

greyskullnz:

--- Quote from: rixtrix1 on September 06, 2013, 12:27:47 AM ---Awesome looking venue. I first assumed it would be in Wanganui, but I guess I was mistaken as the info could not be given out at the time I asked Mr. Welsh. This looks even better. Working on a deal for airfare, but don't know if I can take enough time away from work. I'm by no means whatsoever a world class shooter, but it looks like a great place to visit. Best wishes early for a great turnout and match.

Ric G

--- End quote ---

We have included this year a trial run event that is a littlr different to the run of the mill World Champs classes. Typically each year shooters use sub 12 ft/lbs match rifles to compete. We have opened nup two classes that encompass the type of equipment used by most of us here in New Zealand, Australia and over there in the USA. Anything up to 28 ftlbs in either springer or PCP in .177 cal, .20 cal or .22 cal inclusive. Each of those choices have their own strengths, but as we anticipate there will be room to experiment to work out over time what succeeds in this class the best over time. Real wild west stuff, bring your innovation and skills to the comp.

The 12 ft/lbs brigade will as always provide nail biting competition of the very best quality, and we will be happy to see what develops in the new category next year, and hopefully in subsequent years.......depending on who wishes to take up the mantle of hosting when Euro nations cannot legally do so. I personally hope it goes on to become something bigger involving International competition on a regular basis, ideal for innovators and shooters used to more practical energy limits.

cheers
GS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version