GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

How many of you strip and tune your brand new springers?

(1/6) > >>

mozeely:
I'm just curious about this.  When I read posts from people who rebuild brand new guns I always wonder if the majority of shooters do this.
I have stripped and rebuilt my guns only when they've had a problem.  I have an HW50s on the way and plan to shoot it bone stock unless it has issues. 

jccams:
Guilty, I can’t stand the spring twang and all my 9 have had the twang.  If I ever get one that doesn’t have the noise I’d shoot it as is.

avator:
I do a thorough break in first. anywhere from 100 to 250 shots depending on the gun. Unless it's so bad out of the box that it screams for it.

north country gal:
I shoot mostly HW and FWB springers, so I'm most active over in the German gate, but I also shoot AA springers.

Over there I'm known as one of the few posters who does not do a tune on my springers and never have. I'm so focused on my shooting and follow through that I barely notice recoil and/or twang. It's not a factor for me. Not saying that tuning has no other benefits or that it's not worthwhile, but I've never felt the need.

As far as those who do post on springers in the German gate I'm definitely in the minority. Posts about tuning are plentiful. As to how many springer owners tune who don't post is anybody's guess, though.

Motorhead:
Yup ... personally & professionally

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version