GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Awesome murder-by-vintage-airgun on "Masterpiece!"

(1/1)

MDriskill:
I'm a big fan of "Masterpiece" on PBS, and last night was catching up with some recorded episodes of the low-key Brit crime drama "Grantchester." In the current season 7, episode 2, a guy is murdered by a pre-war Webley Mk I pistol!

Believe it or not, they make it almost believable. The dude is shot in the neck at close range, and the pellet lodges in the side of a carotid artery. Later he lies down...it pops out...and he bleeds to death.

Oddly enough, they call it a "toy pistol" in the show, and it was a rather ruff-looking example, partially painted to look the part. But it was undeniably a vintage straight-grip Webley.

45flint:

--- Quote from: MDriskill on August 08, 2022, 10:12:10 PM ---I'm a big fan of "Masterpiece" on PBS, and last night was catching up with some recorded episodes of the low-key Brit crime drama "Grantchester." In the current season 7, episode 2, a guy is murdered by a pre-war Webley Mk I pistol!

Believe it or not, they make it almost believable. The dude is shot in the neck at close range, and the pellet lodges in the side of a carotid artery. Later he lies down...it pops out...and he bleeds to death.

Oddly enough, they call it a "toy pistol" in the show, and it was a rather ruff-looking example, partially painted to look the part. But it was undeniably a vintage straight-grip Webley.

--- End quote ---

Cool I’m one day away from FedEx bringing me my weapon of death!

longhunter:
Watched a movie on YouTube, the other day, and they used a Webly Tempest as a tranquilizer gun. Complete with the old Daisy steel darts.

MDriskill:
It was all kind of fun and understated in a proper British way! But in another sense, a useful reminder that anything tossing chunks of metal at hundreds of miles per hour is NOT a toy!

Ronno6:
In the movie "The Mechanic" 
the main character (Charles Bronson) shoots a CO2 Crosman rifle
into an apartment across the street and hits a book with some ignition source inside (memoty fails me)
which ignites a gas explosion that kills the occupant.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yellow/airgun-used-in-the-movie-the-mechanic-starring-cha-t234271.html

Pretty neat stuff........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version