GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Gun buying

(1/1)

Acapulco:
Stopped by one of my favorite honey holes to see if they had anything  interesting  for sale.  Its a 25 % chance i find something...usually its a used stock, high cap mag or airgun related.

One of their display cases held a Benjamin 132 pistol for sale with box. I asked to see the pistol and looked it over and rated its condtion @ 85 %. Boxed looked like it been sat on but did have original paperwork. I own the model already that is new in the box.

Price tag was 95 bux. I offered 50,  and he replied.. I can't move any on this.. it books at 300 dollars. I was like...ok? and thought to myself when did you start pricing out air guns, only been coming here for 15 yrs.

Anyways walked out with nada, zip !

Good buys are getting harder to find.

Goose:
Is it a pawn shop you speak of? 

I've seen a lot of rediculosity with the pricing in pawn shops while looking for airguns.  It's like they think their customers are on drugs or something...

J~

Wayne52:
Outrageous price, I would probably have laughed when he said that and just walked out.

Acapulco:
Now that i think about the situation. It was on consignment...so it was probably the owner stating its worth and not the store.

Either way..

eeler1:
I’d have paid $95 for it, especially if this is a true honey hole and the guy picks up guns expecting me to stop by.  Got to take care of the people who find this stuff for me.  Of course, this leads to a big collection of Crosman 760’s and it’s variants, so not all a bed of roses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version