GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Crosman AIR 17

(1/4) > >>

Septicdeath:
Crosman AIR 17
1985 to 1990

The Crosman AIR 17 is a single stroke pneumatic able shoot pellets or BBs.  Manufactured from 1985 to 1990. The guns velocity at 450 fps for BBs and 400 fps for pellets.  A smooth bore barrel make this air gun a plinker. Crosman didn't alot of Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifles. A "replica" of the AR-15 / M-16. Athough the gun is mostly plastic it is a fairly good replica. The magazine is detachable and can be used to store extra pellet clips or bbs. The pellet magazine holds 4 pellets and also has a single shot tray built in the mag. The magazine for the Model 760 also fit this air gun and will hold 5 pellets. The rear sight is a peep and the front sight is post. The stock has a storage compartment that is accessible from the but plate. The barrel can be changed out for a rifled one using Crosman M4-177 barrel. , 1985 to 1990

177 caliber
Single Pump Pneumatic
Single shot
Smoothbore
Shoots pellets or bb
450 fps bb
400 fps pellet

bantam5s:
FYI Crosman proceeded the Air17 with a gun called the outbacker in the 90's.
I don't know what the Intention was for the compartment in the AIR17 stock, but the outbacker used the stock as well and it came with a water bottle inside it.

unionrdr:
The AIR17 had that compartment for a fitted water bottle as well. Clear with a black plastic top. I only saw it once on eBay. Wasn't quick enough. They also had a compas that snapped into the bottom of the grip. Missed those too, since I didn't put 2 & 2 together. DOH! They also had a replacement sight/handle that could mount a scope, but never saw them again on eBay. I still need pics of how the sling mounts on the AIR17? I didn't get pics of them before giving my son's rifle back to him. He buried it and won't look for it.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: unionrdr on July 06, 2022, 02:58:14 PM ---The AIR17 had that compartment for a fitted water bottle as well. Clear with a black plastic top. I only saw it once on eBay. Wasn't quick enough. They also had a compas that snapped into the bottom of the grip. Missed those too, since I didn't put 2 & 2 together. DOH! They also had a replacement sight/handle that could mount a scope, but never saw them again on eBay. I still need pics of how the sling mounts on the AIR17? I didn't get pics of them before giving my son's rifle back to him. He buried it and won't look for it.

--- End quote ---
The canteen and compass may fit the Air17 because the 790 outbacker utilized the same stock, but they were never intended for the Air17.

You can look up the manual which will only note the " secret storage compartment " and the " grip " , while 790 outbacker manual notes the " swing up butt plate with storage compartment for canteen " and the " grip cover with compass ".

There was a scope with mount to attach to the carry handle of the Air17, but as far as I could find there was never an official sling intended for it.

unionrdr:

--- Quote from: bantam5s on July 06, 2022, 04:56:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: unionrdr on July 06, 2022, 02:58:14 PM ---The AIR17 had that compartment for a fitted water bottle as well. Clear with a black plastic top. I only saw it once on eBay. Wasn't quick enough. They also had a compas that snapped into the bottom of the grip. Missed those too, since I didn't put 2 & 2 together. DOH! They also had a replacement sight/handle that could mount a scope, but never saw them again on eBay. I still need pics of how the sling mounts on the AIR17? I didn't get pics of them before giving my son's rifle back to him. He buried it and won't look for it.

--- End quote ---
The canteen and compass may fit the Air17 because the 790 outbacker utilized the same stock, but they were never intended for the Air17.

You can look up the manual which will only note the " secret storage compartment " and the " grip " , while 790 outbacker manual notes the " swing up butt plate with storage compartment for canteen " and the " grip cover with compass ".

There was a scope with mount to attach to the carry handle of the Air17, but as far as I could find there was never an official sling intended for it.

--- End quote ---
  My son's AIR17 came with one new. Most never mounted it and just threw them aside. Like the rear sight tube that looked like a scope for the Daisy Golden Eagle model 104. Removed, tossed aside and lost forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version