All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Classic vintage air pistols

(1/16) > >>

bantam5s:
Shot a vintage classic pistol today ?
Worked on a classic pistol today ?
Just want to show one off ?
Looking for info ?

This thread is for everything vintage air pistol related .

I have really been enjoying my Benjamin 132 lately,  this early example isn't a powerhouse and I can't say I'd call it a tack driver, but it's quiet effortless to pump and a ton of fun to shoot .

Basically all the black is gone and theres some brass showing through , but it's not bad overall.
There was a little more black on the pistol when I got it, but I went ahead and took what I could off with some mothers mag polish ( it came off surprisingly easy ) just to make the finish a little more consistent.

unionrdr:
Well, I have my Airsoft Crosman Stinger P311, a replica of the Colt 1911 mil-spec with Punisher grips. My cougar cave bug buster.

Then my John Wayne The Shootist collector SAA marked 333 of 600 produced. In a maple display case.

And a couple more Umarex/Colt SAA's...

Then a couple Healthways Plainsman 175's. The cleaner one below has a serial number starting with 007 from about 1970. The older dirtier looking one is about 1958 with serial number starting with 003.

eeler1:
Those are some nice looking pistols.  Of the pumpers, the Sheridan was the best design, IMO, more robust, larger tube, heavier pump linkage, pump cup.  Probably why Benjamin discontinued the 132 et al after they bought Sheridan.  Downside, maybe, is it was a bit bulkier. 

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: eeler1 on June 16, 2022, 09:18:37 PM ---Those are some nice looking pistols.  Of the pumpers, the Sheridan was the best design, IMO, more robust, larger tube, heavier pump linkage, pump cup.  Probably why Benjamin discontinued the 132 et al after they bought Sheridan.  Downside, maybe, is it was a bit bulkier.

--- End quote ---
I really love my Crosman/ benji H9A , it's more powerful and more accurate even if it is harder to pump.
The one thing I hate about it is the bent steel rear sight that can't be tightened down enough.
The early benji's have their downsides, but I sure do love their slim compact easy to holster size.

I'd really love to get a Sheridan H someday,  but prices have skyrocketed and I'm not holding my breath.

You've got a couple of really nice pistols there, was your Benjamin refinished ?

Air Head:
I don't have any pumper Pistols...yet  ;)

But I got a pair of these.

They work well and are super fun. The long barreled one will shoot 525 fps.

Cheers!
Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version