Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Order heald hostage by shipper  (Read 277 times))

Offline T.C.

• Shooter
  • yes
Order heald hostage by shipper
« on: June 08, 2022, 10:35:46 AM »
 Sorry if I'm posting this is in the wrong place, just have to vent about this.
On the 1st I placed an order for some BB's and a part from a vendor in Ohio.
Actually it was shipped on Wed. the 1st, I got a projected delivery date of the following Saturday.
Well the package hasn't moved in over a week now, not even been scanned?
The shipper "Fed-up" will give me no delivery date or any other information about when I can expect to see my package.
The vendor has been absolutely no help in this matter and said I may not see the package until after the 23rd of the month.
Is this common, is there a way to get the ball moving?
Thanks T.C.
  • USA, FL, Fort Pierce

Offline rdtricks

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: Order heald hostage by shipper
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 01:21:16 PM »
FedEx seems to operated under different rules than all the other shippers I have experienced.  Once the package is handed over to FedEx it becomes theirs and will be delivered at their convenience.  The sender and receiver are given a tracking number and delivery date (only a suggestion).  I have had packages 'lost' within the FedEx system for several weeks, and no the original shipper really cannot effect the outcome.  This can really be a PITA when wanting or needing a part for project completion.  Good luck!
  • USA, CA, Sonora
I always enjoy the gun in my hands.

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 01:33:23 PM »
Just got the e-mail that my FedEx delivery that was originally scheduled for Monday was delivered today. It came from Rogers, AR and sat for 3 days in Ga.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline azgman

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 04:13:18 PM »
FE is almost the worst carrier I have ever used. NSD is even worse however!
  • USA, AZ, Marana
Air Venturi Avenger Bullpup (.25)
Benjamin Cayden (.22)
Umarex Walther CP88 (.177)
Diana Airbug (.177)

Offline huntr

• Plinker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 05:22:46 PM »
Actually, the vendors could do something...STOP USING FEDEX! Pyramyd uses them exclusively. I've communicated my frustration/ irritation to Pyramyd and their answer is theat FedEx is their shipping partner. Well, get a new D@MN PARTNER! One that honors delivery dates and respects the package. I've had FedEx, literally, toss a rifle on the porch. You know it's bad when USPS is better than FedEx.
  • USA, DE
Marauder .22  Hill mod
Marauder .25. Hill mod
Marauder .177. Stock
Marauder Prod .22. Hill mod
Avenger .22
Avenger .25
Avenger BP .177
Hatsan Flash .177
Hatsan Flashpup .22
AA S500 FAC .22
AA TX200 MKIII .22
Diana 34 EMS .177
AEA Challenger .22
FX Wildcat MkIII .22
FX Maverick .25
FX Crown .22
Benjamin 392S .22
Crossman 1377 .177
Daisy 901 .177
Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 .22

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 05:13:21 AM »
You folks that have had bad experiences with shippers, did you contact then and complain or make a report? Did you demand to speak to someone in upper management?
Coming here and sharing these experiences usually don't go any further than right here.

While we're on the subject..
Twice now I have received items shipped via these new so called discount shippers such as pirateship.com or what ever and twice the items came postage due. Last time was a padded envelope and the sender clearly paid as stamped on the postmark. There was a hand written note on the package "postage due $3 and change". Betty Lou had to pony up or the package would have gone back to the PO with the mail lady.
The senders were private individuals so I didn't rise a fuss but if it was an online vendor I would still be screaming in their ear.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 06:59:32 AM »
Actually, the vendors could do something...STOP USING FEDEX! Pyramyd uses them exclusively. I've communicated my frustration/ irritation to Pyramyd and their answer is theat FedEx is their shipping partner. Well, get a new D@MN PARTNER! One that honors delivery dates and respects the package. I've had FedEx, literally, toss a rifle on the porch. You know it's bad when USPS is better than FedEx.

Most likely the purchaser clicked the "Smart Post" which is the "We will deliver at our convenience cheapest Fed Ex" option you can purchase. If the buyer had clicked a different option (and paid more) the shipping would have been better.  If by some odd chance this is not what happened I apologize to the OP. Hopefully he will come back on and advise if this is what happened or not.
  • USA, PA, YORK

Online Struckat

• Expert
  • The red dog is always watching
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 07:04:02 AM »
I have an order from Ohio currently in la la land.

There was an order a few weeks ago where FE tracking said it would be here early. I posted that in the jokes forum.

And yes, I pick the cheapest option which is slower. But they didn’t used to be this bad.
  • In the basement, Illinois
1377, 1986

Offline Xraycer

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Black Guns Matter
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »
FedEx, in my area, is very reliable. The most reliable of the big 3.
  • Southern NH, USA
Proud member of  F.U.G.L.Y.
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline tennx

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 08:56:42 AM »
Well good luck….Ive had packages lost before but I just got my first formal/official admission from USPS that a package that has been in the city for @ 10 days is officially declared lost and case is considered closed….fortunately the vender on his own was generous enough to issue a refund @ first sign of trouble….
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 09:22:50 AM by TennX »
  • USA, TN, Memphis
DANG….I LET THE OLD MAN IN

Offline T.C.

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 10:31:04 AM »

Most likely the purchaser clicked the "Smart Post" which is the "We will deliver at our convenience cheapest Fed Ex" option you can purchase. If the buyer had clicked a different option (and paid more) the shipping would have been better.  If by some odd chance this is not what happened I apologize to the OP. Hopefully he will come back on and advise if this is what happened or not.

Yes I did, but in my defense the notation next to the box said that most were delivered within a few days not weeks.
So I guess lesson learned ?
It's sad to see that I'm not the only one to have this BAD experience.
As for contacting someone in charge, that's a laugh. It would be like trying to talk to the person in charge at the DMV........................good luck !
On a brighter note my package has moved from Ohio to WV  whoo!  whoo ! moving rite along !
Thanks for the reply's guys!
T.C.
  • USA, FL, Fort Pierce