GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Bavaria (B.S.F.) Wischo Model 55N (Deluxe Walnut Stock) .177 First Buy of 2021

(1/4) > >>

c801tfd:
Well with my first purchase of 2021 I got a vintage .177 Bavaria/Wischo (B.S.F.) Model 55N (deluxe walnut stock), I have achieved a dream of mine and now own all 4 air rifle models that kicked of the magnum era (.177 Feinwerkbau Sport Deluxe, .177 Beeman R1,  .177 Beeman Model 250 (aka Diana Model 45) and now the .177 B.S.F Model 55N.

My B.S.F. Model 55 surprised me when I found matching barrel and action serial numbers. Also it has some sort of stamp in the stock just behind the action (not sure what this is for).

In addition, it has the multi-steel plate B.S.F. trigger, instruction in German stamped on the trigger guard for trigger adjustment, double groves on fore end of compression tube, peep sight rail with stop lug, original front and rear open sights, articulated cocking arm and no safety and leather breech seal (very good condition) so I am positive it must have a leather piston seal (fingers crossed it is still good). Also it is stamped “Made in Germany West”.

Since it just arrive today all I have done so far is a light cleaning and inspection but I know I will be getting tuned at some point this year, but before I do that I need to find information on disassembly/reassembly.

Also not sure on year of manufacture at this time, best estimate is mid sometime from mid 60’s to late 1970’s at this point. However, if anyone has advise on how to determine year of manufacture or pointers on future tune I am all eyes and ears.

c801tfd:
More pictures

c801tfd:
More pictures

c801tfd:
Picture set 4

c801tfd:
Last set of pictures

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version