GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

Anti-Airgun Hunters? Airbow House Bill in Michigan Brings Out the Fangs!

(1/1)

UpNorthAirGunner:
So I have been advocating for this rule change now for a few years and have done multiple DNR demos of this technology.  To allow arrows / bolts to be used as an approved projectile and method of take for disabled hunters in the archery season and an approved projectile in the rest of the seasons for all hunters.  Michigan was one of the first states to allow for big bore / big game hunting, but left out the airbow technology based on the archery association becoming unglued about this technology.  Some of you hunters from the 18 other states that allow for big game hunting had this technology option baked into your state regs when your laws first passed recently.  For me, I really just want to be able to Turkey hunt with it in the Spring and Fall and maybe Deer hunt during the firearm season just for kicks.  To stop disabled Vets and hunters from using this technology is just protectionist BS!

This has really drawn out the archery purists to go full butt hurt, snowflake, crazy on this issue.  I was able to get my Air Bolt Texan Kit and a donated AirBow and Bulldog from Crosman there in time last week to get through the capitol security in Lansing.  The committee hearing is today.  This is my official video testimony based on my expertise and technical review of this technology as well as my opinions based on my status as a Post 9-11 U.S. Army Veteran and concerned Michigan resident in support of disabled hunters and disabled veterans. Check it out:

Airspace:
Good Luck with your push for the use of air technology for disabled hunters. While I no longer hunt I am all for any one who wants to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction  of putting food on the table for their or someone else's family.

uglymike:
I'm a disabled vet and I applaud your efforts. My personal opinion is you're in an uphill battle. Ever declining numbers of hunting licenses sold every year means your audience is shrinking, exponentially. A very, very, very small niche of people are big game air gun hunters. Good luck to you sir, you're gonna need it.

EMrider:

--- Quote ---This has really drawn out the archery purists to go full butt hurt, snowflake, crazy on this issue
--- End quote ---

I know that you’ve got a lot invested in this issue and in general I’m supportive of what you’re trying to accomplish. 

But using pejoratives suggests that you are angry and/or don’t understand or are dismissive of where the archery folks are coming from.  Even if you disagree with their point of view, you probably will need to acknowledge their concerns in order to win DNR support. 

Some of the archery folks are worried about the slippery slope that has turned emotional support pets into a total fiasco on airplanes.  These airbows fire arrows at energy levels similar to firearms, and they have much longer lethal ranges.  If any bozo with a doctor note claiming “disability” can use one during archery season that does seem problematic and counter to the spirit of having a separate archery only season. 

If you can minimize the potential for abuse then IMHO you have a much stronger case.

ezman604:
This post is better served in the Airgun Legislation section. MANY thanks for the video and taking the steps you have. Please keep us informed!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version