That is a lasered 101 yards to the bag.

SHOOTER: MicErs

DATE: 2-8-16
POSITION: Standing Supported
RANGE: 100 yards
RIFLE: RWS Diana 460, John in PA tuned, 23 FPE
AMMO: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13 grain
CONDITIONS: 3-10 MPH at 9 o'clock, 40 degrees, overcast

I have not actually zeroed the rifle at 100 yards.  I was holding off about 1 mil dot left for wind and five and a half mil dots high for elevation. I can not speak highly enough of the tune that John in PA gave this rifle.  I believe this rifle is a sub minute platform under the right conditions.  We will find out.  I shot twenty shots on a previous 100 yard target to get a feel for where the mil dots should be held.  Then I shot these two groups.  I take responsibility for the fliers, clearly standing supported is not an optimal shooting position at these ranges.  I like the little cluster of three shots on the bottom target. That little cluster is .55 MOA.  John will be seeing all of my girls this year.

Deckard1973:
Good shooting and great pics!

MicErs:
Range was again lasered 101 yards to the bag.  Today I shot sitting supported on bags off of the tool box in the bed of the truck.  Seems to have helped a bit.  The same range pictures apply as in the first post in this thread.

SHOOTER: MicErs

DATE: 2-10-16
POSITION: Sitting Supported
RANGE: 100 yards
RIFLE: RWS Diana 460, John in PA tuned, 23 FPE
AMMO: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13 grain
CONDITIONS: 3-8 MPH at 1:30 o'clock, 35 degrees, partly cloudy

I still have not zeroed the rifle at 100 yards.  I topped out my elevation ring and so was still  holding off about 1/2 mil dot right for wind and 3 and 3/4 mil dots high for elevation. The rifle is still shooting in as I have not quite shot a full tin of pellets through it since I got it back from John. I shot thirty shots or so trying to find zero or establish hold off.  Then I shot these two groups.  Again I take responsibility for the fliers.  Got another three shot cluster of about .55 MOA on the first target. and then blew the hold off on the second target.

Not bad for a springer, I've never owned one that shot this well anyway.  The first target shows five shots in the 3 MOA ring with 4 of those in the 2 MOA ring. Second target I blew the hold off and wind doping aw, well.  I'm smiling.  OnTarget measures that first group at 2.084 inchs!   ;D ;D ;D  Close but not enough for sharpshooter under the rules.

Rocker1:
Good shooting.  David

Tims229:
Nice group indeed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version