GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

100yds under $400?

(1/4) > >>

stretch:
I target shoot at a local range that has targets at 25, 50, 100 and 200 yds.  I'm shooting 100 and 200 yds with my powder burners but am looking for a bit more of a challenge.  I'd like to get started with longer range air but with a budget of $400 or less.  I have scopes and hand pumps already.  I'm leaning towards .22 cal because of the huge selection of pellets and PCP because it won't eat up my scope.  One rifle I'm considering is the Seneca Aspen because I can easily pump up at the range and have lots of control over trigger and power.  But I'm looking at other possibilities.  Thoughts?

darkcharisma:
I would give the Ati Nova Vista LIBERTY a hard look before i take that Aspen. at $300 you get alot for your money. it is regulated 40-50 shots and can fill to 4300psi. Alot more powerful than the aspen with little work. not to mention very light weight, adjustable trigger, removable pressure chamber. you will pump to 3600psi (best starting pressure) shoot down to 2600psi then fill it back up with hand pump, Carbon bottle, or compressor. the only plus side to the Aspen is that its self efficient with built in pump. Umarex gauntlet can reach 100 yards with accuracy too. Hatsan flash, gamo urban are some of the best guns under $300. I am sure there are others

Lastdog:
+1 on the liberty. Love my liberty.

stretch:

--- Quote from: darkcharisma on January 23, 2019, 07:58:35 AM ---I would give the Ati Nova Vista LIBERTY a hard look before i take that Aspen. at $300 you get alot for your money. it is regulated 40-50 shots and can fill to 4300psi. Alot more powerful than the aspen with little work. not to mention very light weight, adjustable trigger, removable pressure chamber. you will pump to 3600psi (best starting pressure) shoot down to 2600psi then fill it back up with hand pump, Carbon bottle, or compressor. the only plus side to the Aspen is that its self efficient with built in pump. Umarex gauntlet can reach 100 yards with accuracy too. Hatsan flash, gamo urban are some of the best guns under $300. I am sure there are others

--- End quote ---

Thanks for bringing up the Liberty, I hadn't considered it before.  By "removable pressure chamber" do you mean that the Liberty's air tank can be removed and swapped with a filled one like on the Hatsan or AirForce PCP's?  I see I need to do more homework... 

Tonykarter:
All, excellent guns.  100 yards is so addictive.  Something that you already know:  it won't stop with one of these.  These are only the beginning when you shoot at 100.  Have fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version