GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Benjamin 312

(1/3) > >>

TexanReloader:
 I got the kit w/tool for my Benjamin 312 (Baker Airguns). I used blue creeper and let it set over night. I have tried a very large hammer to try and break that valve free. Nothing. Do you guys use heat (flame) to get it when they are stuck this tight? or does this indicate I have bigger problems?

( I hope this is the right thread, still trying to figure this site out).

Back_Roads:
 Will the valve turn when turning clockwise? if so keep turning and pulling. WD40 helps, will need a padded vise or vise grip the remove valve end from tool after extraction.

TexanReloader:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on March 22, 2024, 07:21:43 PM --- Will the valve turn when turning clockwise? if so keep turning and pulling. WD40 helps, will need a padded vise or vise grip the remove valve end from tool after extraction.

--- End quote ---

Yep, have padded jaws for the vice. Every disassembly video or instructions say nothing of a L/handed thread. This thing does not budge in either direction.

pan60:
righty tight lefty loosey
i would not apply heat lest you chance the solder. the valve is soldered in.
you might have to send it out to someone better set up to work on them?
get a good vice and give it a firm go?

TexanReloader:

--- Quote from: pan60 on March 22, 2024, 07:52:11 PM ---righty tight lefty loosey
i would not apply heat lest you chance the solder. the valve is soldered in.
you might have to send it out to someone better set up to work on them?
get a good vice and give it a firm go?

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm . . I have never read anywhere or seen a video that it is soldered in. Matter of fact there is one video where the guy puts the tool in and gave it a little twist and it screws right out and it was a 312 he was working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version