GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Airguns you shot as a kid

<< < (46/73) > >>

jbmeid:
Had a Crosman model 70 Co2 pellet gun that I am in the process of rebuilding.  The gun is 40+ years old and still in great shape minus a few leaky seals that I am attempting to hunt down.

unionrdr:
I have a first year, low serial number model 70 that shoots fine, stock is fine, but receiver area needs refinishing. It was copied from the Winchester model 70 base model called a Ranger. No checkering, walnut stained beechwood stock. I'm going to add the model 70 Standard checkering, and stain it with Minwax #224 Special Walnut. It also has a trigger pull that's way too heavy for such a light rifle. Need to fix that as well. Seen here with a Winchester 4x32AO scope on Hawke mid-rise match rings.

Wepster:
For Christmas, about 1965 (I think) got a Daisy 1894 (looked very much like my dad's Winchester .32 Special). Sold it to friend to buy a neighbors used (Crosman maybe?) Multi pump .22 pellet with a scope. That got loaned to a friend a few years later, never saw it again.

Whirligig:
Daisy Buck with the receiver re-affixed to the stock with a lot of J-B Weld.

osco:
Wow, I'm only 60 but cannot remember a single model number of the many many air guns I wore out starting when I was 11 or 12.
I do remember a favorite air rifle from I think 1968 or so.
A Crosman I think it was,
C02,
Pump,
rotary clip fed
22 cal
wood and metal,
about 25 shots per cylinder.
Super accurate.
The thing rattled and clunked along as I trooped through the Florida bay heads around lake istokpoga.
I killed everything with feathers and many a tree rat.

Made the mistake of shooting a turkey buzzard while he was sleeping in a tree.
He crashed down through the tree branches and landed near me, boy was I proud.
Then he stood up and puked on me from 6 feet away then flew off,
The smell still makes me nervous....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version