GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Shooting Match Gates

Long Range, Full Power Field-(ish) Target @ Diablo Rod and Gun 7/31/21

(1/1)

Pistoleer:
Diablo put together a freshly mowed field with tiny spinners, cow bells and steel plates arrayed across the shooting bays.

This was our first time to put together an event that could accommodate 30 to 90 ft/lb guns, both hunting and target, in a field target type event. Each bay had it's particular challenge and kink. Our score card had the layout for a handy reference (thanks to Pete P. for the Diabolical Diablo Diabolo challenge)

Distances were known, and the order of attack changed as you proceed through the stations. Two and Three man teams worked together on doping the winds and holdovers, but Lady Luck (and her bstrd step child, Mr. Murphy) held many of the cards as the wind was in the 20 mph's and shifting. There two "close shots" and quite a few at 95 to 150 yards.

Sizes of the targets ranged from generous all the way down to frightfully small. 

The guns used were interesting as well- There was a frankengun, Delta Wolf, Red Wolf, Crown variations- oh and a Taipan Mutant. Calibers were .177 (yep, .177 at 200 yards) to .25 cal. .30 cal was the upper limit, but I don't think I saw one on the range.

We will have more video footage shortly, but for now, here are some snaps of the event and the scores:

A BIG thank you to Conrad's Photography for the following pictures, and also to Son L. for his upcoming drone footage!

Back_Roads:
 Looks like it was great fun! At first I thought that dog might be an Airedale , but 2nd look showed it was a leash, not a HPA hose :)

Motorhead:
Just a Really really really fun morning.  Each lane was different, switchy winds from our back created a lot of guess work.  Very unique change up on targets being ALL reactive + noise kept it interesting & fun.

Shot the .177 slug gun again and it is holding its own even at the extreme 150 yard mark.

Scott S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version