GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Field Target Gates

TAIPAN Veteran gets a FULL "Hunter" FIELD TARGET set up on it.

(1/3) > >>

Motorhead:
Whoa .. ya don't see this on the FT courses very often ???   How about a SHORT Bull Pup set up to shoulder and handle similar to a long gun, yet offer far more hold configurations than a long gun.
Shot on shoulder ... Shot across knees ... Shot Deadman too !!    It is comfortable doing all these positions.  The added front rail and LONG handle/saddle aids in elevated or down angle shooting along with offhand aid as well.
If your on level ground the Long handle can be removed and then you place the V yoke of your tripod into the specialty made V mount on end of air tube.

As set we're shooting JSB Monster 13.4's @ 805 fps. At 50 yards in no wind nearly hole in hole if steady enough.  It was used this last weekend at a club match proving it can indeed play the game at a high level.

Scott S

fbiergiel:
Really interesting looking rifle, I would have paid more attention to it at the match if I wasn't obsessed with my own problems with my rifle on that day.  I've always be curious how those bull pup configured guns handled the standing shots.  I suppose your standing shoot-off win answers that question.  Nice work.

Motorhead:
Fred,
You are welcome to handle and shoot it any time you like.  Wish to give it a go at a club match and really get a feel for what it is like ?  You could do that too.

After a bit of thinking about HAND SAFETY when using the Long handle and NOT having an accident while resting my hand over it decided that a TAD LONGER muzzle exit was a good idea.
Utilizing an aftermarket LDC mount / end cap on shroud, fabricated a shorty LDC Can that just bumped the length of muzzle to be much safer.  It made the gun also quieter yet ... silly quiet.

Gear_Junkie:
Looking GOOOOOOD Scott! I love the red stock!

dan_house:
Saw that gun at the OR match, and like Fred, never thought to bug Scott to shoot it.

Way cooler in person. Wondering how many 'pups are gonna be showing up in matches soon...? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version