GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Benjamin Kratos - Thread Size on Barrel Shroud for End Cap

(1/1)

null:
Help!

I did something really stupid this afternoon, and I guess the end cap wasn't on all the way on my Kratos and it wound up missing someplace in the grass. The baffles were still in place, but the end cap went flying.

Is the end cap threaded the same as the M-ROD/Fortitude - 13/16-28?

My go-no-go gauges are giving me wacked results. I'm able to fit 13/16-20, 13/16-24, and 13/16-28. So which is it, so I can make a new cap without messing around?

null:
Well, I turned one this afternoon out of aluminum. I elected to go with 13/16 with a 28TPI and it went on. Still felt a little sloppy though.

Does anyone know what the factory TPI is?!

TroyHammer:

--- Quote from: manualf150 on May 08, 2021, 09:21:11 PM ---Well, I turned one this afternoon out of aluminum. I elected to go with 13/16 with a 28TPI and it went on. Still felt a little sloppy though.

Does anyone know what the factory TPI is?!

--- End quote ---

I'll measure one but it's metric for sure so 13/16- anything won't be a proper fit.

mrbulk:
...or if you plan to attach a silencer eventually, you maybe could get an adapter from DonnyFL, they come already black anodized. Plus then you’d have an actual example to measure threads off of in case you still decide to make yourself a regular end cap.

Also you could check w/Crosman, see if they have spares to sell.

null:
I didn't even check to see if it would've been metric. I was so tunneled that it was 13/16, not to even bother to check to see if it was metric, lol.

From what my go-no-goes are telling me, it's feeling like a 21mm with a 1.0 pitch.

If someone can confirm this, that would make me happy and I'll turn one.

I know I could go out and get a DonnyFL adapter... but I don't want to have or own any silencer paraphernalia in case folks in the gov't think I get too close to the laws of stupidity and want to make a mockery of me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version